Chapter Nineteen: Just Getting Started

Santana's POV:

The past two months have been a blur, my song 'I Bring Me' has taken off. I was really amazed at the response it got. I already had fans from YouTube by doing covers of other songs. Thanks to my fans, friends & family the song kept getting a lot of recognition. They've been posting it on all of their social media accounts and constantly streaming it on YouTube and Spotify, hell, even I have been streaming myself.

Everyone has taken it upon themselves to help me push the song and I couldn't be more appreciative. I've been receiving videos left and right. Brittany's little brother Jake was at one of McKinley's games and they were playing my song, Coach Sue's personal assistant Becky sent me a video showing the Cheerios listening to it during practice. Even Kurt's father Burt sent me a video at Breadstix and they were playing my song.

I got a call from Mr. Schuester and he told me that he went to the local Lima radio station and told them to check out the song. He said that he also let it be known that I was from Lima, which he thinks may have helped because a lot of people don't make it out of Lima. I guess it did help because a couple days later Mr. Schue sent me a video in his car and my song was on the radio.

Because of all the support Ive been getting from everyone, my fans have gone way up. My followers on Instagram before my song dropped was about 20 thousand, over the past two months with the buzz of my song my followers have blown up to almost 100 thousand followers.

About a month ago, with all the buzz surounding my single, Anna and I were talking and she had a suggestion about what she think I should do.

"Hey San, let me talk to you real quick." She says waving me over.

"Hey Anna, what's up?"

"Okay so, you see how your song is getting all this attention?"

"Yeah."

"Well I think this is the perfect time to release your EP."

"But don't you think we should release another song first?" I asked taking a seat in the producer's chair.

"You could, but I wouldn't because 'I Bring Me' is still buzzing."

"So what do you suggest?"

"I say we let 'I Bring Me' be the only song out right now and we prepare to release the EP."

"And what does that do?"

"That way if labels are listening to 'I Bring Me' they'll now have a variety of Songs to go off of why they should sign you."

"So your saying 'strike while the iron is hot'?"

"Exactly." She says with a huge smile.

"Okay but how are we going to release the EP?"

"Well I was thinking a release party, what do ya say?"

"Hell yeah I would love that, but at what venue  and what's the cost for that venue." I say curious.

"Don't worry about that, I got that."

Anna and I have been promoting as well, I took my song to a boy name Tommy from school. He runs the campus radio station and I asked him to play it. Anna is also a DJ, so she's been playing the song at clubs and parties. She's been telling me that the reception to the song is amazing.

We came up with a release and we let everyone know about it. We didnt post anything else because we wasnt sure about a venue yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------