discomania, FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE

( DISCOMANIA : FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE )

Before I say anything: thank you all for the masses of support I've received on this book! It really has inspired me and persuaded me to continue writing. You guys can really do wonders — as upon writing the first chapter, I never predicted being able to finish this book, let alone getting around to being able to publish all the chapters.

I have an AU or two coming up after this chapter, and then I'll be able to mark this as my first ever completed book on Wattpad!

Romy has really grown on me, and has also grown herself, from back when her faceclaim was Natalie Portman and her brother was not Patrick Hockstetter, but in fact an unnamed "missing" character (I didn't give myself time to give him a name) played by Devon Bostick.

So more on the AUs, for anyone who's interested. The first AU is 2017 — an alternate universe where Romilda survives to return to Derry, Maine twenty seven years later. The second that I have planned out is a Heathers AU, as I originally based the IT GIRL friendship group on the clique formed in Heathers. I'll just be a little tidbit, nothing big. And then a Hogwarts AU, because why not, I love and cherish my children.

Speaking of SURVIVING TILL 2017, I didn't always plan to kill off Romy. I had this whole spin off idea, of herself and Stan being highschool sweethearts :'), and she being the one who finds him after his *SPOILER* suicide in Chapter Two. However, I wanted to steer away from this cliché ending, so I added Romy's death in for some good ol' fashioned shock value. It mirrors the death of her parents, and is foreshadowed in the chapter THE LOVERS CLUB, as she is the first to leave, and that Beverly doesn't explicitly mention that ALL of them would return to face IT twenty-seven years later..

Anyway. I can't thank you guys enough for everything, this book really has been a pleasure to write.