- au, HOGWARTS

( AU : HAVE COURAGE AND BE KIND )

jeepers, yves ! you're about the dreariest hufflepuff i've ever met !

________________________________

THE DAILY PROPHET !

________________________________

" DEAD GIRL WALKING: YOUNG GIRL EMERGES FROM MUGGLE PARENT'S CATASTROPHIC CAR CRASH UNHARMED! "

________________________________

Romilda Yves, 10, stuns muggle "doctors" after emerging from a fourteen-car pile-up completely unharmed, on Route 95 in Nevada, America, last week. Midmorning on July 27th, a driver, of which will remain unnamed, lost consciousness at the wheel, having been under the heavy influence of narcotics. Fourteen cars followed, and despite being pulled from the crumpled wreckage of her family car, young Romilda received not a scratch.

Muggle "doctors" have speculated the surviving of the crash as a medical miracle. Though this can be easily disproved as herself being one of our own magical folk, Romilda is currently being transferred safely from Spring Valley Hospital Medical Centre in Las Vagas to our very own St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries — she is to be stationed under their care until she recovers from the shock and loss of such an incident.

An inside source claims that this miracle girl has been rumoured to be attending out very own Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this September, and we wish her all the best of luck for the coming year.

________________________________

          THERE WAS NO QUESTION ABOUT IT: the sorting hat would declare Romilda Yves as Slytherin

          THERE WAS NO QUESTION ABOUT IT: the sorting hat would declare Romilda Yves as Slytherin. After all, her mother, her aunt, and her uncle had all declared a green-and-silver legacy upon their family, making the semi-conscious decision to ignore Romy's brother Patrick (a brooding Ravenclaw), and her father, Frank (whom Patrick seemed to get his particularly Ravenclaw-ish tendencies from).

          The predominant factor was that Romy didn't want to be a Slytherin. She'd been subject to the stories from her brother and his friends — when you're sorted into Slytherin, brash and bright-eyed, three quarters of the school boo at you for being declared into the serpent's house. Patrick dismissed that the Slytherins were only bitter, and Romy could see why: she could hardly imagine being told that she was part of the bad house and that it made her a bad person herself — all the others houses hung around together, but they steered clear of the Slytherins. How could someone grow up being flat out hated by their peers and teachers for being sorted into a category that they had hardly any input in?

          So ... the brunette put on her friendliest font, and she befriended them herself. A hapless Hufflepuff, she wormed her way into a girly group of four — three Slytherins and a Ravenclaw. And to her own surprise, they ended up being some of the best friends she ever had; she quite enjoyed listening to their gossiping over Witch Weekly and their opinions on muggle music and movie stars.

           But it went downhill, after that, because she'd found out about the diffindo charm; it was that span of time after she'd taken a year off for rehabilitation in St Mungo's, and then returned to school, only to have a breakdown and slice off her ratty hair in the second floor girl's bathrooms. Plus, little did she know that later that year she'd be ditching her gal pals for a bunch of loser-ish boys and a Gryffindor girl.

          Of course, it wasn't as if they were all complete strangers. The only Ravenclaw, Ben Hanscom, was in her Arithmacy lessons, and she'd known of Eddie Kaspbrak (as his mother was constantly sending him howlers that made his ears turn pink, and he was buddies with that pest of a Gryffindor, Richie Tozier), as well as Stanley Uris, as they were both fellow Hufflepuffs. However, she really hadn't expected to spend the majority of her fourth year chasing an otherworldly Boggart through the sewer system where a basilisk had been slain only a year before.