3

POV: Virgil

After finishing off my room, Patton and I walked downstairs into the kitchen to make some pastries, because I was hungry. He showed me how to make cookies, cakes and other things too. By the time we finished, it was about 6:30pm.

Once we finished eating, telling jokes, finding more information about each other, it was bedtime. I said goodnight to them and walked into my new room. "*sigh* I feel so happy!" I said to myself plonking down onto my bed. I looked around my room. It had purple and black walls, a huge black mirror in a corner, where my black desk was. Next to that, I had a black bookshelf with pictures and figures on. I had a wall of posters of the bands I love like MCR. My bed was also black. I had my ukulele next to my wardrobe. Then I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, changed into my pyjamas and jumped into bed. It was perfect...

The next day, I had to go to school. Ugh.. I hate school... I walked downstairs, said good morning, ate breakfast, got ready and was about to walk to school when Logan asked me if I wanted him to drop me off to school, since the university, that he works in, is just 5 minutes away from the school. I said that it would be nice and he drove me to school. The journey was okay, I guess. Just a few things we shared and some laughter and I was at school. UGH I HATE SCHOOL! Did I mention that?

After school!

I was about to walk home, until I realised hat I didn't know where I was going. "Great job, Virgil!" I muttered to myself.
"Hey, Virgil.." A voice said from behind me. It was Roman. He looked a tiny bit.. how do you say it? Ah. Depressed.
"Hey, Roman! Are you okay?" I asked.
"Huh? Yeah I'm okay.. you?" He answered. I tensed. I wasn't very good at small talk. I remembered the things that happened these past days and I wanted to cry. Roman saw the look on my face and apologied. He said if I needed anyone to talk to, he would listen. I said thanks and pulled out my phone to ask the directions to the house.

Me: Hey.. uh.. dad. I don't know where I'm going...

Patton: oh no! I'll send you the address.

Me: thanks.

He sent me the address and I typed it into the GPS. Roman saw me and said, "Hey! I go that way too! But normally you go the other way...?"
"Uh.. um.. my mum died... and had to get adopted by the sanders..." I said quickly.
"Oh no! I'm so sorry! Wait.. did you say the Sanders?"
"Uh.. yeah...? Why?"
"I live next door to them! Omg we are neighbours!" Roman squealed. I noticed he looked a bit more happier than he was from a while ago.
"Oh ok. I guess I don't need this GPS..."

After that walk home, I walked into the house and found a note on the table. It said:

Hey, Kiddo! I had emergency at the bakery and Logan is coming home at about 7 and I'll be home at about 7 too. Be good! And there is some snacks in the fridge and the cupboard too! Don't eat them all though!

See you in a crunch!

Patton, the cool dad.

I laughed at the last part of the letter. I walked over to the TV and switched it on.

Let's see what's on..