First...Date?

Sans stood outside the bar, leaning on the side of the building. The corners had giant pillars coated in paint, drywall and glass decorating in between. Red glass reflected the afternoon sun, Sans still adjusting to the suns' bright light. He twiddled his thumbs, bending his fingers to see how flexible they were, lost in fidget land.

A jingle was heard as Grillby walked out, giggling at the sight. "Early for once huh?"

Sans grinned as he shrugged. "One could say I was looking forward to seeing you again."

Grillby smiled. "I was too."

"But hey, I really am sorry about the other night, I hope you aren't doing this out of pity because really, you don't have to." Sans' smile had faded in the slightest, his eyes lights dim.

The fire monster looked at him with a stern glare. Even with glasses to hide his eyes, the skeleton before him could feel it. "Didn't I say no more apologizing?"

Sans looked up at him and shook his head with a slight chuckle. "Yeah, yeah you did."

The two began walking, a slow pace as their conversation continued.

The sky held scattered clouds, all fluffy and white. They moved at a quick pace, wind picking up speed every now and then.

The sidewalk was white, freshly paved just a year ago. No cracks, no dents, just white squares that accompanied roads as far as the eye could see. The buildings were built close, tightly packed into a smaller area, west of a human city. It was crazy to think, just a year ago, this field was empty. Now, from the help of monster's magic they had a home on the surface; New new home.

As the two walked, Grillby shifted the subject back to Sans.

"You don't have anything to apologize for, I'm just glad you came and talked things out. I don't know what I'd do without you here Sans." Grillby's flames shifted to a light shade of pink as his expression changed to that if a soft smile. "And, I asked you out today because I wanted to. Also have thought about for some time, but I never could get myself to do it. For similar reasons to yours actually." Sans looked up at him in disbelief. "I guess in the moment I couldn't really think about anything other than how I could cheer you up."

Sans laughed and put a hand on his embarrassed face. "And here I was just yesterday thinking I was gonna lose you."

Grillby smiled at him. "Hey, you had more guts than me." He glanced down at the soft outline of Sans' ribcage. "Well, figuratively anyway."

Sans giggled, quieting after he and Grillby entered a coffee shop. (Some Undertale version of Starbucks called MoonGold) Grillby ordered for them both, handing a young blond money.

They found a seat by a window, sitting across from one another.

Sans put his arms on the table, leaning on both his hands, staring at Grillby with a dorky grin.

Grillby leaned on one hand, smiling back. His eyes shimmered beneath his glasses, an unreadably happy glow in his flames.

"The surface really has a lot of stuff, it's so big, and there's so much room." He said in awe of the shop's spacious size.

"Yeah, though sometimes it can be overwhelmingly claustrophobic." Sans glanced out the window, admiring how wide the street was. All of a sudden he saw a bush wiggle, two figures obviously hiding inside. He didn't need to see either of them to know who was there.

"Sans?" Grillby asked after Sans had a moment of staring. He was waving a hand across the table dramatically.

"I didn't tell Paps or Frisk about today, I didn't want either of them to overreact, but it seems they figured it out." Sans' voice was muffled as he face palmed, blue crawling over his cheek bones.

"What do you mean?" Grillby looked out the window trying to spot what Sans did.

Without uncovering his face, the colorful skeleton pointed with his free hand. "That bush, the two of them are hiding. If you look closely, you can see Papyrus' skull pokin out."

Grillby covered his mouth with a hand at the sight, holding in a laugh. He was unable to stifle it completely, a small giggle leaving him. "Don't worry about it, Sans, it won't change anything whether we are alone are not." He smiled and held Sans' hand.

Sans lifted his hand off his face, looking at him with a questioning smile. "You sure?"

"Of course." Grillby shrugged at him, giving Sans' hand a small squeeze as he lifted it. He cupped the small hand with both of his own with great care. "Your hands are so small, they're so cute!" Grillby put their hands together, amazed in the size difference.

"Oh my god..." Sans mumbled to himself then glanced out the window.

Coffee was set on the table just as a deep color took over Sans' face, only worsening his embarrassment with a third party.

The lady had brown hair tied into a bun, a green apron over her mostly black clothes. She set down both drinks, even in front of the correct owners as well. As she had walked over, she heard their conversation, trying her hardest to hide a giggle. Her eyes glanced at their hands, a slight curl in her lip forming. The smiley girl put a hand over her mouth and spoke. "I hope you enjoy your drinks." She began to giggle, so she cleared her throat and rushed away.

Sans pulled his hood over his head and began to make whisper-scream noises.

Grillby put a hand on Sans' head, giving it a gentle pat. "There there." He giggled more, knowing how blue Sans must be.

Papyrus turned to Frisk, not sure of what happened between Sans and Grillby. "Why do think Sans put his head down? Is he upset?"

Frisk shrugged. "Maybe Grillby complimented him or something."

"Come on, let's take a walk, Sans." Grillby stood up and held his drink, helping Sans stand up.

Sans groaned, then grabbed his drink and began to walk. "Whyyy Grillbyyyy, she heard yoooouuu." He was still a vibrant color, all emotions on display.

Grillby held the door open, Sans wobbling out with his hood still up. "Yeah, she heard, but don't dwell on it or else I'll have to distract you with other things." He pulled Sans' hood down, then took his hand and intertwined their fingers.

Sans heard the bush wriggle, rushed footsteps soon echoing from behind. He turned around, the smallest amount of red poking out from behind a building. He turned back around, taking a sip of his caffeinated beverage.

Grillby looked down, a thought popping into his mind. "So Papyrus and Frisk are following us, right?"

"Yeah?" Sans looked up at the flaming man beside him.

"We can do one of two things. One, just ignore them, or two, you could take us somewhere else."

Sans shrugged. "Whatever you want is cool with me."

Grillby took a sip of his drink, a slight breeze making him warm up in the slightest. "Well I chose the coffee, your turn to decide where to go."

"I haven't been to the park yet, how about there?" Sans looked up at Grillby to see his response.

"Sure."

And with that, Sans tightened his hold on Grillby's hand, the pair vanishing into thin air.

"Oh Sans! You and your cheaty space time magic!" Papyrus yelled as he peeked around the corner.

Frisk came out of hiding, their body hunched over. "Well, our mission failed."

Papyrus shook his head. "Nonsense! I will not accept defeat, we can find them! Let's go Frisk!" Papyrus picked them up and carried them on his shoulders.

Frisk giggled and pointed skyward. "Onward!"