"Grades"

"Mistakes are just proof that you're trying..."
~
"I swear, Val, if you don't stop groaning, I'm going to kick you out of my bedroom."

G scolded me as I rolled over on the dark gray carpeted floor of his bedroom. Physics. I hate Physics.

"I can't help the fact that this is stupid, genius boy."

I retorted and rolled on to my back, glaring up at his ceiling. This class was going to drive me nuts. I did well in all the others, just this one, this one hated me with a passion.

"Its bullshit, Google, like, we get it Newton, shit moves, why does it matter if it moves in different ways? I want to be a lawyer or something when I'm older, I don't need this moving science-"

My sentence was cut off as I soon found myself with a pillow being slammed over my face.

"Valac, I'm dead serious, be quiet! I need to finish this paper, for Woodrow, then I'll help you, but seriously just shut up for ten minutes you big baby."

Gaelyn snapped at me, and naturally my reaction was get back on his good side. I rolled over until I was next to his bed and hugged the younger boy's leg.

"Awwww Glynnnn don't be mad!"

I whined childishly, rubbing the stubble I had on my face against his knee. I guess we were like those friends, you know the two guys that are so close that you really can't tell if they're dating or just goofing around. I opened my mouth against my friend's knee and bit down gently. I was met with a knee cap to basically the roof of my mouth and an angry huff.

"Off! You know, I don't have to help you with your homework."

He threatened, and so was immediately I was off of him.

"No no I'm sorry, please don't leave me with lack of understanding."

I begged quickly, hitting G with the best puppy eyes I could manage. I needed his help, this was the only class I wasn't passing in and if I wanted to do well in the future... I needed ALL A's. He simply laughed at me and went back to writing. I feel like my desire for good grades is always a surprise for some people. Am I basically the school fuck boy? Yes. Do I look like a punk? Definitely. However, that didn't mean I was any less intelligent. Seventh in the class mind you, but of course, Google here was number one and he wasn't even supposed to be in my grade. Gaelyn should be a sophomore, not a junior like yours truly. The kid's too smart, I don't think I've ever met someone that can handle nothing but honors and Advanced Placement classes and STILL have time to socialize like he does... and by socialize I mean hang out with me and teach me things I'm apparently too stupid to understand.

"What is this paper even for?"

I asked, spreading out over the floor, extending my arms and legs until my shirt lifted up over my stomach and my body trembled from the tension. Turning my hips I twisted, forcing my back to crack... loudly.

"Ugh Val, quit!"

Gaelyn's face morphed into one of pure disgust and he stuck his tongue out at the sound.

"You still haven't answered my question."

I reminded and was met with another annoyed sigh.

"Its for extra credit, now will you PLEASE shut up!"

I ducked my head down, so much for getting back on his good side. He wasn't normally like this. Usually it was G driving me up the wall. He had an obsession with puns, that quite frankly I didn't full understand, well I understood, but they where just so ugh.

"Ugh FINEEE."

I groaned even louder, raising my legs up and then slamming my heels back down on the area rug on the floor of Gael's room.

"Alright that is IT GET OUT! OUT OUT OUT NOW!"

G jumped to his feet and started ushering me forwards toward the door. Damn he really needed to get this paper done, I suppose a 99% wasn't good enough for him? Or maybe it was a college thing... ooo maybe a formal letter asking for a recommendation. I winced as the door shut and I was left in the hallway to my own thoughts. No but he said essay? Essay doesn't mean letter. Leaning back against the door frame I slid down it, plopped my butt on the floor and simply stared it to Gaelyn's dad's office just a few paces down the hallway. Mmm better not go snooping, I mean I've been friends with him for almost 9 years or so, but sneaking around especially when he was upset with me was most definitely a bad idea. I could still hear vicious tapping and shuffling papers behind the door and I sighed quietly, pulled out my phone and decided to scroll through Twitter. No one is doing anything interesting... of course, so I slipped further down the door.

I guess I'll wait, he should be done soon right?