"Flirt"

""Anyone who saw how they looked at one another while the other turned away knew immediately how they felt~"
-
I snorted shaking my head and trying my best not to laugh, I was busy chewing a fruit snack and Jack was freaking out on Mark again. Mark had this issue with fidgeting and for some reason the tears in Jack's jeans had become the victims of his abuse.

"Mark quit it!"

Jack snapped and smacked his boyfriend's hand away, I bit my lip doing my best not to lose my cool.

"Sorry, Boseu, its a-"

Jack cut him off.

"Yeah yeah I know its a habit."

The irishman grumbled, clearly shifting an inch away from Mark, but once again, with in five minutes he was right up against my brother and snapping at him for ripping his jeans even more.

"You know little bird, I can get those off of you much faster than he can."

I purred, giving him a seductive look and a very obvious once over. That little comment earned me a satisfyingly bright blush from Jack, a nudge from the book occupied G, and quite the nasty look from Mark.

"Shut up, Val."

Jack mumbled looked awkwardly back down at his food. I licked over my teeth, my cocky smirk only growing at his obvious awkwardness in the situation.

"What's wrong, blue bird? Too scared to take an actual ride?"

I teased, leaning over the table waiting for his blush to grow even darker. They all knew I was kidding, I would never take another man's boyfriend... or girlfriend, unless you count that time with RJ, but no matter. I opened my mouth to speak again, but was met with a hard smack to the back of my head.

"Ow, fuck dude!"

I snapped glaring at Mark.

"Stop being such a slut, Val. Leave my boyfriend alone."

My facial expression morphed to one of smugness and I met Mark's hard gaze.

"What, you scared that I might screw him better than you?"

I retorted, enjoying the fury growing in his eyes. Before I could react, Mark had me by the collar of my shirt and was dragging me away from Gaelyn and Jack and out into the hallway.

----

Gaelyn looked up as Mark and Val left the room and put the book he had down, looking up at Jack the younger male moved seats sitting right next to the green haired Irishman. Jack looked up, a gentle smile crossing his face and before G could say a word he spoke.

"After all that and you're still crushing hard aren't you?"

The older male chuckled, rubbing his face a bit to chase away the blush that had formed.

"I can't help it, I know he-"

Jack cut him off.

"He's a flirt, to put it bluntly... a sl- player? Glyn, you got to be careful. It would hurt me if I didn't warn you that I don't trust Val with relationships. He's too...-"

Gaelyn groaned burying his face in his hands.

"Midori, we've known him since we were children. You and I both know he would never try to actually come onto you in a fashion more than just flirting. He's better than that. He can be better than that. Believe me, Niwa, I know how much of an ass he can be, I've seen it, but there's more there... so much more and I want to be the one to find it."

G looked up, his darker blue eyes met Jack's light ones, with pure determination, and it was in this moment that the Irishman realized that his warning wasn't going to be taken into much account.

"I'm just- you know what no, I support you Google... just remember that I did warn you, okay?"

Jack spoke quietly, his eyes darting over to the cafeteria door, to see if he could catch a glimpse of the other two outside.

"Just another question for you... have you told him?"

The green haired boy asked, his attention going back to his friend as he inquired about G's progress in this so called quest to discover if Val was really wasn't nothing more than a tramp. The younger male's confident look dropped and he started down at the table.

"Haven't quite gotten there yet. I don't exactly know how to go about it Sean... I mean its not like we aren't close, we're really close. I almost feel like he'd rather cuddle me than do homework at times. Its frustrating, knowing you can be that close... but you aren't. The thing is, is I know what to say, but its the fear of saying it that gets me, it makes me stop and think, 'Well what if he doesn't feel the same?' It could ruin our friendship, Midori!"

Jack shook his head, laughing quietly, even though he warned G about being in a relationship with Valac, there was one think that was one hundred percent certain. Val most definitely had a thing for the younger man. In fact anyone that spent even less than an hour with the two of them could see it. The think that worried the Irishman about Gaelyn perusing this relationship was the idea that Val used flirting with others as a way to catch G's attention and his boyfriend's adoptive brother, was known for sleeping around. Those two things combined made things tricky in his opinion.

"You know that's your only chance, right G?"

Gaelyn nodded, glancing up for a moment to see Dark and Mark coming back to the table.

------

I groaned, irritated that I had basically wasted 20 minutes out of a lunch period because my brother couldn't handle me teasingly flirting with his little boyfriend. It was infuriating, I was just messing around. I would never fuck Jack, I'd honestly most likely break him.

"Have fun?"

I looked up at the sound of Gael's friendly voice and smiled at him, taking up my seat next to the other male once more.

"Oh you know... loads."

I bit my lip staring at him for long moment, but after a while I turned away, last thing I needed was to start blushing. There were so many times I was tempted to just... go for it, but I worried. Did I know G better than I anyone else? Probably, but it was still scary. Now I know that seems strange for someone like me to say, but flirting is different when its with someone that actually means something to you. Gaelyn was like no one else I had ever been attracted to and it almost frustrated me.

Perhaps I should do something about it... or perhaps its just something I should save for another day.