Part Ten

Gianna in MM

"Hey can you pick him up please?"I say as soon as Devon comes through the front door.Deandre wants to be carried but Titi was just crying so I'm carrying her instead,I wish I was strong enough to carry both my babies but that's what daddy's for I guess.

"C'mere baby boy..."Devon says bending down and Deandre walks into his arms."Stop whining Deandre."He says as Deandre just wraps his arms around his neck.

"Ok we can go."I say and Devon nods leading us out the house.We get to his car and after putting the kids in I finally have a chance to say something to him."Hey Devon."I say laughing and he joins in.

"Hey Miracle,I thought you weren't even gon say shit to me."

"That's how it be."I say shrugging and we laugh getting in the car.He puts his phone in the aux before pulling out the driveway but he keeps it low like he wants to talk.

"Why was Deandre crying?"He asks and I look back at my baby.

"Well Titi was crying cuz she fell and she wouldn't let me put her down so Deandre got jealous and started crying too."

"You lucky I was there to save the day."He says joking and I laugh a little shaking my head.

"It's always easier with two hands..."I say and he nods agreeing.It gets silent for a little bit until he turns the music up a little.

"This used to be your favorite song when you were pregnant with Deandre."He says smiling and I can't help but smile too.I don't even really like the song but for some reason I loved it so much when I was having Deandre.

"I have no idea why I liked it that much."I say laughing and he shrugs.

"You said it made Deandre kick and you liked feeling that shit...Which is still weird to me."He says and I laugh hitting his arm gently.

"You wouldn't understand Devon.."I say scrolling through my phone.

"You right,I'll just carry our next one."He says and I laugh,looking up at him.There he goes again talking bout our future kids...I feel like whenever we decide to take a step back from each other we always get drawn in even closer.The last time we said we were completely done with each other we ended up getting back together and moving back in with each other.Ion really know what I want right now but things will work their way out."Aight lemme go drop them off.You can stay in the car."

"Obviously."I say rolling my eyes and he sucks his teeth before getting out the car.I turn in my seat to say goodbye to my babies."Be good ok?"I say and they nod looking so cute."I love you.."I say straining to kiss their cheeks.

"Bye mommy!"Titi says as Devon takes her out the seat and I wave at her,I wait for him to get Deandre before turning back in my seat.I just scroll through Instagram as I wait for him to come back but he doesn't take too long.

"Ok...You know how to get there cuz I forgot."He says and I chuckle,nodding.Even though I haven't been there in almost 5 years I still remember where the house is and how to get there from his sister house.After me and Devon got evicted from his apartment we stayed with her for a couple of months and sometimes I would drive by the house.

"Just turn right at the stop sign..."

****

"You ready?"He asks and I sigh nodding,he squeezes my hand before ringing the doorbell.

"Brooklyn I was worried you weren't coming anymore..."My dad says after opening the door and I smile a little bit.

"We had to drop the kids off..."Devon says speaking up and my dad looks at him for the first time."Nice to see you again sir."Devon says reaching to shake his hand and I'm surprised my dad actually does so.