Training

NICO

Will was right.

Waking up early was not exactly my cup of tea.

Today was supposed to be a Saturday but I guess we had no choice. I was supposed to relax the whole day yet here I am, standing among the crowd of demigods, yawning at exhaustion and at lack of sleep.

Yes, I have trouble sleeping and sometimes a little nocturnal but I'm not a robot that doesn't need rest every once in a while.

Anyways, both Greek and Roman demigods were told to meet up in the Coliseum at camp Jupiter. Thankfully, all of us were able to fit inside. Most of us demigods are already starting to stretch to prepare our bodies for one heck of a training while others are talking with another. Right now, you could hear nothing but audible chatter.

I looked around to check where Will was. I walked towards him once I saw him conversing with Thalia and Clarisse.

"What are you guys talking about?" I nonchalantly asked.

"Nothing much. You ready for training?" Thalia replied after she gave me a one-arm hug.

I nodded, "Yup, have you seen the others though? I wanted to talk to Reyna about both camps."

"Oh, I think I saw them at the other side of the Coliseum." Will answered, "Don't worry, they'll come over. I think it was because Lupa needed to talk to them."

I hummed in response and the four of us continued chatting about our daily teenage lives. By 'daily teenage lives', we mean fighting monsters and dealing with a bunch of jerks sitting on thrones at Mt. Olympus.

What an ideal life.

Anyways, we conversed until Leo and Calypso came over along with Hazel and Frank. Hazel rushed forward and gave me a peck on the cheek, "Hey Nico. Had enough sleep last night?"

"Don't ask about it." I rolled my eyes jokingly, "I'm not a morning person."

"Well you better get ready then. Training is like one minute away." Leo said while examining the sword he's holding, "I even heard from Chiron that those assassins train hard. Like, really hard."

Frank nudged him on the shoulder, "Admit it Leo, you're just scared to get beat up, aren't you? You still have trouble using a sword."

"Puh-lease. Who needs a sword when you have awesome fire powers like me?"

We all laughed at Leo's statement but we're all cut short by the presence of the four immortals in the middle of the Coliseum.

The four of them didn't just enter the Coliseum, they flew inside the Coliseum.

They looked the same as yesterday but their outfits are different. All of them are wearing wearing gray hooded sweatshirts and black jeans paired with combat boots- probably to make sure that they're comfortable. Their sweatshirts also seem to have holes at the back to accommodate their long span of wings.

Their identity are still hidden by their hoods and a shadow looming over their faces.

But I've got to say, they look pretty laid back right now. Less dangerous and less intimidating.

Moving on, Omega started talking in a loud and clear voice, "Today marks your first day of training. I want everyone of you to participate and to follow our orders. Am I clear?"

A chorus of "Yes" are heard. Omega seemed satisfied with the answer and motioned Alpha forward.

"First, just as we've said yesterday, we're going to build up your stamina." Alpha started, "An attack may continue for hours but what you're about to face right now is an all out war. This can continue for years and this isn't going to just flash in your eyes. You need. To be. Prepared."