002. THE FIRST FRIEND

( STRANGE LOVE )
CHAPTER TWO:
THE FIRST FRIEND!

In the few hours after Beverly arrived, she had settled in her room, unpacked and started to make it her own

In the few hours after Beverly arrived, she had settled in her room, unpacked and started to make it her own. After she was satisfied with how her room looked, she gathered the courage to leave the sanctuary of those four walls and explore the house.

It was very large and had many hallways and rooms, which resulted in her almost getting lost a few times, but with a bit of retracing her footsteps and making random turns, she eventually found her way downstairs again.

The three teenagers of the household didn't see each other again until dinner. Beverly had taken the empty seat on the right of Wednesday, and now that everyone was seated, dinner began.

"So, Beverly, how do you like the house?" Gomez asked halfway through the meal.

"Oh, your house is beautiful, it's so big, I almost go lost." Beverly replied, letting out a small laugh as she spoke.

"Our." Gomez said.

"Sorry, what?" Beverly asked, not exactly understanding his one worded response.

"Our house, you live here, so now it's your house too." He smiled. Beverly was in awe of his words and actions. She never really had a home to call her own, considering she used to hate going home, for she knew who would be there waiting for her when she did. Gomez was so kind, and he had given her a smile, one that was welcoming and fatherly, something that Beverly hasn't seen or experienced in a long time.

"So what did you do today, Nia?" Morticia asked her eldest daughter, who had been quiet since dinner started.

"I saw some ghosts." She shrugged, almost as if it was an everyday occurrence. This observance was proven correct when the two adults of the house didn't take any notice, instead asked questions of these people and what they looked like.

"How'd they look? Was their skin decomposing? Were they bloody?"

"One of them had his hands chopped off, his blood squirted all over the hallway upstairs."

"Awesome."

"We should use it for a seance."

As the others drifted into a more in depth conversation about the ghosts and their rotting bodies, Wednesday noticed the lack of interest from Beverly. She turned her head to the right, now noticing that Beverly was moving her food around her plate, playing with it and mashing the pieces together. This almost made Wednesday smile, for she knew Beverly would fit right into this family.