011. WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE

( STRANGE LOVE )
CHAPTER ELEVEN:
WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE!

Since Wednesday had completed her transformation into resembling a normal teenager, it was time for Calpurnia to do the same

Since Wednesday had completed her transformation into resembling a normal teenager, it was time for Calpurnia to do the same. All the losers were long gone, only the residents of the property being left. Beverly and Wednesday both accompanied Calpurnia in her room as they played around with different clothes, hairstyles, and makeup.

Deciding on a style that suited her best, Calpurnia walked out of the bathroom where the younger girls were waiting. She stood in front of them, slightly self-conscious due to the fact that she was majorly outside of her preferred style and comfort zone.

"Okay, how do I look?" She finally asks, holding her breath in anticipation for their responses.

"You look great!"

"Like someone drew all over you."

The younger teens spoke at the same time, their answers being opposites in terms of tone and content. Despite Wednesday's remark, Calpurnia let out the breath she was holding with a new found relief.

"I just wish I didn't need so much hairspray," Calpurnia slightly complains, vividly remembering Beverly continuously spraying that awful substance throughout her black hair only a few moments prior.

"I thought I would suffocate with the amount of fumes that was in your bathroom," Wednesday commented from her place sitting on her sister's bed.

Beverly pays no mind to her friend and instead gets up to fix a few things on Calpurnia's outfit, the two engaging in small talk about how Beverly knows so much about those type of things.

"Actually now that I think about it, suffocating on hairspray doesn't sound that bad," Wednesday says to herself under her breath, clearly in a different state of mind than the other two girls.

Earlier that day, the family and losers all participated in cleaning the house and ridding of any and all objects that posed a threat or looked dangerous--which was almost the entire house. They couldn't possibly get rid of everything, so they left a few things and came to the conclusion that they would make up a rational excuse if brought up in the inspection.

Their house was exceptionally different looking now: the rooms and hallways were brighter and less ominous, dust was a thing of the past, there was no poisonous substances lurking in the cupboards, and any trace of torture devices were stowed away. The last part was what had bothered the youngest Addams most since those contraptions had been their main source of entertainment for years, and packing them away felt like they were removing an important aspect of their childhood. Changing their appearance, persona, and entire house was beginning to take a toll on them. However, neither would voice their thoughts on the matter due to their care for Beverly and her well-being out-weighed their personal issues.