VIII

Wade woke up around 10 in the morning tangled up with a girl. He obviously knew the girl, but was having a little trouble recalling the events of the previous night. Alcohol consumption was clearly the cause of this memory loss, though he didn't really feel much of a hangover. Strange, he thought.

That's when he started looking at the girl. Her back was facing him, her hair splayed in nearly every direction. The longer he looked at her skin, the clearer white lines began to show, scars. He then remembered that the girl he was with was his ex girlfriend, Percy Jackson, who had returned from what everyone thought was death. The white lines continued to become clearer to Wade, which caused him to wonder where they were all last night during the party and before.

Wade had a gift similar to Percy's mother, Sally, and her friend, Rachel. He could see through the mist, something he could always do, which explained why he could see the water heal her the last time they were in this house.

The man continued to stare at her scars, imagining all the terribly grousome things that must've been done for her to gain such noticeable scars, even after three years. It disgusted him that someone would hurt another person like that. Then he could see some barely outlined scars that had faded almost to nothing. A few jagged lines blended into her tan skin.

Percy turned with a groan to face him and wrapped her arms around him, still asleep. He brushed a strand of hair from her face and returned her embrace, forgetting the conversation about her boyfriend they all had yesterday. Wade was just on the verge of falling back to sleep when the bedroom door opened, startling him fully awake.

Flash was trying and failing to sneak into their shared room, since he left with some girl last night. I'm his way in, he tripped on the dress that Percy wore to the party. When he got the ground with a loud thud, Percy sat up quicker than lightning and upon noticing she was nude, snatched so of the blanket up to cover herself. Wade sat up too, not having to worry about waking her now.

"You okay, Flash?" She croaked, followed by a yawn.

"I'm fine." He said, using the closest piece of furniture to pull himself up. "I see you both had fun last night."

"So did you, Mr. Thompson, if you forgot." Percy shot back.

"At least I not already in a relationship, though."

"Didn't Nikki say you had a girlfriend?" Percy asked, voicing Wade's thoughts.

"Nah. She doesn't stay updated with my life. None of you do." He said. "We broke it off a few month ago."

"Oh okay." Percy told him. "Close the door. I have to get dressed."

He nodded and closed the door before flopping onto his bed.

Percy climbed out of Wade's bed and began gathering her clothes from their places on the floor. Once she was dressed again, she said bye and left Wade to his thoughts.

---

Percy remembered, in great detail, the last time she was here. She quietly snuck into Nikki's room, where her clothes were, and changed into her more comfortable sweatpants and t-shirt.

The demigod then made her way downstairs and began looking around at stuff. She lingered by the piano for a moment before opening it up and sitting at the bench. She hadn't played in so long and she doubted she even could anymore, not since she'd been a prisoner.

She pressed a key and then tried to continue with the rest, but found she couldn't move her fingers the right way, nor could they go fast enough to meet the proper tempo. They'd broken her fingers, severing one of the last things she had of her mother. Percy closed the piano and wandered away.