XX

Percy bit her lip and squeezed Tommy's hand as they walked painfully slow down the stairs. First, she avoided looking at them, knowing they were staring holes through her, but then couldn't avoid it because she'd reached the bottom of the stairs and had to turn to face them directly.

Sea green eyes landed on Bucky, knowing he would respond positively to her. Frankly she was scared how the others would react. Even though she'd already reunited with some of them.

Bucky stepped forward and hugged her tight. "Where'd you go? You weren't at the prison."

"Long story." She replied, pulling out of Bucky's embrace.

"What prison? You were in prison?" Tommy asked, suddenly worried.

"Not that kind of prison. Military prison." His eyes darkened at her words;hers softened looking at him. "I said not that type of prison."

He cleared his throat and nodded. Kissing her briefly, he excused himself. "I'm gonna make breakfast." After a worried look from her, he ruffled her hair and left the room anyway.

Under her breath, Percy muttered a single word in response. "Bastard."

Tony wasn't sure why he hadn't said anything to her yet. Maybe he was waiting for Percy to speak first, to explain herself. Or perhaps he was just shocked. After almost 7 years since he'd seen her alive and conscious she was here. His niece was alive and well and standing 5 feet in front of him. He looked at her without breaking his gaze as if looking away would make her disappear again.

Then her eyes fell on his and he melted. Striding up to her in 3 swift paces and shoving Bucky in the process, Tony Stark wrapped his niece up in a long awaited reunion hug. Although she mentally hesitated, her arms wrapped around her uncle of their own accord.

"I thought you were dead." He whispered into her ear.

"Me too." She said, only loud enough for him to hear. .

"I should have come home sooner-" she started to apologize, but Tony cut her off and surprised them both.

"You're home now. That's good enough." He said softly, soothing the anxiety that had creeped up her throat. "But, we're gonna need to talk soon."

Percy released a shaky breath and nodded, wiping at tears that didn't fall. "It's good to see you. I wasn't sure I ever would again. "

"Why not?" He asked.

"You said we could talk about it later."

Tony nodded and let his niece move to greet her other friends who missed her.

---

Percy was scared and unsure of what was happening. All she knew was that she was in the worst pain of her life. Everything blurred together in a haze of pain and anguish.

It had been a year and a half since her imprisonment by HYDRA. The torture was constant;food, water, and light was not. They enjoyed finding new ways to torture her, even though they knew she wouldn't tell them anything they wanted to know.