Chapter 9A

When Jade woke up the next morning, the first thing she noticed was that apart from the little panties around her lower waist, she was naked. Then memories of her late night escapade flooded her, she flushed and buried her face under her pillow.

Her body tingled and warmed instantly at the thought of what she'd done the night before. 'I can't believe I did that' she groaned out loudly. "How in the world am I going to face him?" She looked out from her pillow haven and spotted the streaks of bright sun. She sat up straight and fast like a bullet. 'Oh God Oh God please don't let me have overslept' she chanted mentally as she turned slowly to look at the clock/calendar on the nightstand.

"Oh"she murmured, disappointment washing through her at the date. Nine O'clock, Saturday morning. She wasn't working today which meant she had no excuse whatsoever to see Nick. That just sucked. 'No, I'm perfectly fine with it" she muttered trying to convince herself. "In fact, it's great". She brightened a little at the prospect of seeing Ryan and her little puppy Winnie today. Ryan was flying in with her pup from California. He was her friend and they'd both worked together at the studio when she finished from college until she left. He was kind, funny and good-looking. He treated her like a sister and she loved him like a brother.

Jade hadn't been able to bring Winnie because her vet hadn't been sure she was strong enough to fly. So she'd left her with Ryan until the doctor was certain. She got up from the bed and wrapped the sheets around her body, heading out of her room into the bathroom across the hall. She had to be at the airport in two hours.

She wondered what Nick was doing now. Probably still lounging in bed with some woman. She was surprised at the force with which she slammed the bathroom door shut.

"Okay...that was...just a simple mistake". "I will not think about him".

She attacked her teeth with all the gentleness of an angry bull and scrubbed her body until she glowed pink.

Padding back to her room, she dried up and pulled on black jeans and a white button up short-sleeved shirt. Pulling on black boots, she bound her hair up and grabbed her cell phone.

She skipped downstairs to the living room where a freshly dressed looking Julie was watching TV and eating doughnuts.

"Hey Jules" she grabbed a doughnut and settled on a chair.

"Hey, whats up?"Julia said, brightening up.

"Nothing".

"Why are you all dressed up?" she asked.

"Oh, I have to go pick up Ryan and Winnie from the airport. I told you right?"

"Yeah, you did. It just skipped my mind" she nodded, biting into a doughnut.

"No worries Julie, we all know my grandmother has better memory than you do".

"No she doesn't!" she pretended to be hurt.

"Yeah right. You wanna come?"

"To the airport?" Julie asked.

"No, to the tomato farm!"

Jade ducked as Julia flung a doughnut at her.

"We both know you don't want me to come, you just want me to drive you" she conceded, setting down the bowl on a stool.

"Ah, true. You're catching on"" Jade went outside to wait in the garage.

****************

"Boooo!"Jade made stupid faces at Winnie in the back seat of Julie's black sedan. They were driving back home from the airport and Ryan was in the passenger seat with Julie while Jade was playing peek-a-boo in the back with her dog. She'd missed the animal a lot. She'd missed Ryan too, although she was particularly missing him now, with the way he and Julie were openly and unashamedly flirting with each other. Jade wanted to gag on the both of them. "Seriously you guys, I'm going to be sick if you don't stop".

Of course, they didn't listen to her. She might have died for all they noticed. She sighed in relief as they approached high trees. They could continue at home, since the house was big enough for sounds not to carry. As they pulled into the garage, Jade jumped out of the car, ignoring Ryan's shout for her to help with his luggage.

She just carried Winnie and skipped to the front doors. She almost dropped Winnie when she saw Ryan's shadow at her shoulder. He was heading towards her smiling mischievously. Jade didn't wait, she shifted as he lunged for her and kicked open the front door at the same time trying to catch frightened Winnie as she jumped out of her arms.

She ran into the living room aware of Ryan on her tail. She stopped suddenly at the sight she met, meanwhile sending Ryan crashing into her from behind and they both ended up on the floor with him still tackling her and her still unable to do anything from the surprise she'd met standing in her aunt's living room.

Just before she and Ryan had stumbled onto the floor, she'd caught the look of surprise and then fury on the face of Nick Colby as he stood in the living room, holding a box of new shoes, apparently waiting for her.

***************************************************

THANK YOU FOR READING!

Please vote and comment!