Prologue: Autumn Equinox Gala

Once upon a time when the Earth first created, Mother Earth created God of Sun and Goddess of Moon to protect the stability of the lives within. Having equal strength and complete opposite of nature, the two of them kept on competing with each other, until they agreed to split the territory. Despite the childish rivalry, they carried on with their duties with full loyalty and dedication, thus remained adored vastly by humankind.

The monotonous tasks took a toll on them, and one day they decided to come down to Earth to play around. It was all fun and games until they wedded the humankind, giving birth to demigod descendants, provoking Mother Earth's wrath. Tough negotiation concludes on their descendants, being in pairs just like their ancestors, are to be given a task as their ancestors' delegacies on Earth, and to manage the stability of life.

This is their story. From the very core of the Earth, 580 millions years ago, to Surabaya, Indonesia, present time...

*)

"K?" shouts a girl for the umpteenth times to the clear glass-topped atrium. Hands on hips, feet tapping the floor impatiently, she then starts questioning her purpose of coming here so early--not that she got other things to do, but still. She also starts considering going upstairs and dragging Keenan--the last and only person still staying--downstairs...

As if on cue, the so-called best friend finally groaned, the sound coming from somewhere upstairs.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," she grumbles, inching closer to the wall, standing in a little area unexposed to direct sunlight. "You have four minutes before we're late!" announces her, muttering the word 'again' to herself, wondering if she had to wake him up for all eternity. Judging from the way things are up until now--their very last day as middle school students, looks like there's not much space for miracles.

Two minutes and three shouts more--all of which were in vain, the girl finally gave up. Opening up her umbrella--her must-wear attribute in broad daylight--and striding over to the front door, again she mutters, "Whatever, I'm going."

"We're," corrects Keenan, appearing all of the sudden in the middle of atrium in full uniform and firm delicious body that practically sparkling under sunlight she feels the urge to cover her eyes. His blonde wavy hair hand-combed messily to the back, his jaw chiseled perfectly, his golden eyes shine brightly. "Morning, Luce," greets him with crooked smile that sweep countless girls off their feet. Sadly for Lucille--the one person he actually greets--it only looks annoying, if not mischievous.

In fact, she's sure that just by standing there, Keenan could make any girl fall in love--or at least, within a million hectares radius. Beyond that, there would be another god of sun's descendants that supposedly have the same quality as Keenan, and things would be really tight and who knows how it would end--anyway. It's such a shame that that brat got his face hidden most of the time in deep sleep. Even in stark daylight, mind you.

"And you call yourself a sun descendant," Lucille grumbles, reluctantly closing her umbrella.  Yup, as it implicitly shows, sun race is the strongest in broad daylight. Of course, they're identical with physical activities, strong characteristics, capable and passionate, and also bright and cheerful personality. All lost in Keenan except for one certain physical activity.

Keenan snickers, arriving by her side in two big steps and drapes an arm around Lucille all too casually. "To be fair, you don't sleep at all, so it's not like you face the difficulty of waking up early."

Well, if it counts to his selling point, Keenan always has smarta$$ comebacks to say. But, if he thinks he'd win so easily, he needs to think again. "It's not like we at all need sleep to start with!"