Lucille: Female version of Keenan

"Finally, I found you!" I'm stopped by slim, slender, and perfectly manicured fingers circling delicately yet strongly in my arm. Turning around, I observe the origin of the high-pitched voice along with jingling anklet: that Asian girl looks, uh, well groomed. I mean, she must be the perfect picture of every boy's dream girl: bag, shoes, perfume from high-end brands, perfectly three-hours-styling hair, red lips, winged eyeliner, contour and eyebrows on point. She's gorgeous, really. But, I don't know. In my eyes, she only gives off the 'trying too hard' vibes. And, hey, it's not like I know her enough to actually pity her–right, I need to focus! It's getting late and I haven't seen Keenan anywhere. Not like I need his energy, because apparently Greyson brought more attires than needed. I just can't imagine how long his nagging would be after a whole day leaving him on his own.

Last time I checked, he's still strongly against interacting with any human beings.

Welp, first thing first. Got to get rid of the girl. "Sorry, do I know you?"

"Hinata. Call me Hina." She flicks her head in both graceful and impatient gesture. "Now you know me."

Okay? "...Lucille. And what did you mean you found me?"

"I saw you at the library. But you disappeared right after the event ended." She has this a-little-too-much confident aura around her that contradicts the way she talks and approaches me. I'm still debating on how to think of her when she continues, matter-of-factly, yet brings me to my full attention: "You may want to know, your brother passed out in front of the library."

"Brot...?" I stare at her, not knowing what to think, then start to panic the moment I get it. Greyson! I mean, I should've suspected that we're bound to look like siblings, what with our similar physical characteristics–pale skin, jet black eyes and hair, slender and relatively tall posture. And I should've guessed his first daytime experience would end up like this!

Without thinking twice, I turn to Hinata and grip both of her shoulders while asking really nicely, "I'm sorry, but can you help me taking him to infirmary? I need to find my friend Keenan. He's..." the one capable of recovering Greyson. "...the one brought my, uh, brother's meds."

Hinata shrugs. "He's already there. I left him there, to be exact."

I practically beam at her. I mean, I couldn't care less about her appearance. Or her gestures, her remarks, her behaviour. She's so sweet, and I've decided I don't want anyone but her to be my first friend in high school!

"Hina! Thank you, truly!" I grin, then proceed, "I know it starts to sound shameless of me, but will you help me find Keenan? Greyson needs immediate treatment."

"And here I thought I was the one in control," she mutters under her breath.

"Huh?" Got to pretend I didn't hear that. Supernatural topic might be too heavy for first meeting.

"Never mind," dismisses her quickly, then crosses her arms and says sternly, "So how to find this 'your friend Keenan' guy?"

I beam again. "Oh! He's not at all hard to find. His hair is blonde, tall and bulky body with light brown, almost gold eyes. If you found him, just tell him Lucille's waiting at infirmary."

"...We'll see. I don't exactly interact with people I have no business with." Hinata shrugs arrogantly, and I have to pretend to cough to hide my laugh. For moon's sake, I found a female version of Keenan!

"Give me your number. I'll call you once I found him." And as sudden as her arrival, right after she got my number, Hinata vanishes into thin air.

*)

Most junior students choose their high school based on these factors, in this order: financial, location, environment. But, having half-god blood runs in our veins and mission to mingle with human race, we–Keenan and I–have completely different factors.