Keenan: Anyone please swipe open my curtain and wake me up from this nightmare?

Don't get me wrong. Not that I can't tell between reality and dream. Also not that I can't accept the fact that when I finally woke up, instead of warm and cozy sunlight, it's faint moonlight that's been piercing my back intensely. And instead of my bedroom back in my house, I was still in the infirmary I last remembered lying my head down on one side of its bed. But, still, I have to say it.

This afternoon, even before I could make it to the library, a homo harassed me. Again. It's nothing new, seeing my golden right earring. But he's really insistent that I'm tempted, really really tempted, to just come out (as a demigod!). For the record, throughout sixteen years of my life I've lost count of how many times I wonder what's on the gods' mind when deciding rules to identify sun delegacies with golden right earring and moon delegacies with silver left earring. Not that big of a problem for moon race, but obviously endless torture for us straight sun males!)

Before this, I at most got the flirty if not judging look. Love letters inside my locker and messages from unknown numbers are already my most horrific experiences. So, you'll have to excuse me if I snapped when that guy abruptly placed his arm around my shoulders and shouted, "Finally, I found you!" all dramatic like long lost star-crossed soulmates. And not letting me go even after my repeatedly explanation of my, unfortunately, straight orientation. He even went as far to deem me shy, and left a series of numbers under the name Britney (with a tiny little heart at the end) inside my palm, said something like we homos must come together as one!

...Jesus. What kind of Britney has deeper voice than me? I bet his name is Bryan. Delirious human pulp.

As if that wasn't enough, when I finally succeeded in getting away from him (after two-hours torture haunted by masculine Britney through the whole orientation in library), another weird human came in sight, this time of drama queen species (I considered calling her the cheers type, seeing her face and her makeup, but then again she'd be too arrogant to cheer for arrogant boys). I don't know how or why, she chose me to be her bully target (only later after some bickering I found out that she's actually Lucille's new human friend).

I mean, come on! It'd been only a day Lucille left me and my human problems already skyrocketed this much? Like I have this human magnet in my forehead of something! I honestly can't imagine how my remaining six hundred and thirty six days in Sinlui would turn out. (Yes, I counted it from the academic calendar that hasn't even been distributed yet. Yes, I am that maniac, is there a problem?!) I'm so going to have early depression!

"You awake?"

I jump feeling a soft touch on the still-folded back of my hand. And see her: lied in the same bed my hands rested, my last (and I bet, won't be over in the near future) human problem: pale girl with melting smile.

This is an exception, I guess, as my current problem doesn't tempt me into flipping tables. Or infirmary beds. Whichever supports my point most.

"Uh, yeah. You okay?"

"Thanks to you." She tries to sit up, and before I realized my hand has moved to her back, supporting her small, rigid body. "And sorry, for making you stay until this late."

"N-not a problem," is what I said, while I curse inside.

What kind of prince charming being saved by his princess?

Now that I've said it to mock Greyson, I can't possibly ask Lucille to come and fetch me, can I? Ugh, when my energy's already drained for the day to help Lucille and Greyson and... whatever the name of this fragile girl.

"My name is Ariana." As if hearing me talking to myself, the girl gestures her hand forward. "But you can call me Ari."

I wince, then shake her hand groggily. "Keenan." Home.