Chapter 5

The day after flew by rather quickly, nothing worth mentioning occurred. Before I was aware, it was already dark outside. I was sitting on the couch of my practically empty living room watching tv. While scrolling through the channels I was called out to by Luna "Master, a letter arrived for you" she said approaching me and handed me the so proclaimed letter "Letter could it be from dad?" I asked as I took it from her hands but couldn't really feel her skin since she was wearing gloves "It would appear so" I opened it up and confirmed it was indeed from my dad, the letter read

"Dear Y/n"

"I hope you are having a wonderful time at your new house, the maids I sent you aren't keeping you up at night are they?" An angry smile formed on my face, the message he wanted to get through to me was quite clear. I let out a heavy sigh and with it my anger " I really don't have that much time on my hands as of right now so I'm sending this letter, I hope it gets to you safely. I'll be blunt the games are coming up please ask Luna to help you practice. You may need to explain the situation to her but it's nothing serious so that shouldn't be a problem."

Give it your all, with love Dad

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

"What my dad referred to as the games is basically that, a series of games. You know like Olympic Games, basically that all rich and famous people sign their sons up to try to win in order to advertise their companies." That was basically it, I never liked that idea since it feels more like they're using *us* for their own gain. Yet again the money technically feeds me and pays for my bills so I won't complain. More than I already have anyway. "That's living hell, and *He* doesn't make things easier."

"Who's *he*?" Sakura asked "Haruto Doujima" Responded Emma with an unusual blank face "He's the heir of the Plastic Factory." The Dojimas owned a chain of factories, named Starlight Reflects. A bit much for a company that distributes plastic, but maybe I'm being a bit cynical. For as long as I've known them they have always been a bit on the proud side, always being needlessly haughty, they like to show off every "great achievement", refuse to acknowledge their imperfections, and tend to treat everyone they view as a rival antagonistically to a comical degree.  Though, that's not quite why Haruto hates me. Both our parents pit us against each other since we were young but he, like me, lacked any real sense of rivalry. We both had a concert objective and to reach it we had to go through one another that's about the extent of our interactions, at least for a while. To a certain extent at that time I really COULD tell how hard he had wanted to win so I inadvertently ended up respecting him. Ignoring the GLARING flaws, he was simply someone who would work hard without cutting any corners to achieve what he wanted, while praiseworthy traits in it of themselves, I now realize just how annoying it can be to have them directed against me.

A few years ago, Emma was the only maid that attended me, she's always been just a few months old, she would watch me pour tears and sweat (literally) into my training with my personal coach every day for preparation for the day, however, one day she told me this."Hey, I know that this is a bit unprofessional but do you think it is possible for me to go cheer you on at the games." Naturally, I had no idea what had brought this on and so my mind blanked out for a sec. Perhaps it was all too visible since she followed up."I guess I'd like to see all your hard work for myself....." She looked embarrassed as she trailed off and fidgeted nervously. She was freking adorable."Don't get polite all of a sudden, it feels... weird. And sure I don't mind asking father but are you sure you'd like to spend your time on that?"Emma has been by my side as far as could remember, she gets breaks like everyone but she doesn't really act on them much, most of the time she's my maid or my best friend. Were rarely apart, so if she wanted to find a new hobby I had planned to fully-heartedly support her. Apparently, though I was just overthinking this."I find it fulfilling to watch what I like is all." Strangely enough, she gave the most charming smile I'd ever seen. "Woah, that sounded cool..." I had found myself amazed, and very happy at those words. I involuntarily, gently grasped her hand and gave the widest smile I could muster.

Not long after I pitched the idea to Dad and to my surprise he was ecstatic, said "Go for it, show off to the girl you like! That should get better results." And he was right, I won that year's games. After the games however came our particular problem. I was looking for Emma, looking to celebrate the end of the damn thing, surveying my surroundings I spot her in the shade of a tree, alongside Haruto. Curious and dying to see Emma, I walk over but stop upon hearing their conversation."Come on just agree to be my mistress, already!" He tried to close the distance but Emma just kept stepping back. "I already declined, I already have my heart set on someone. So please just give up." If it were a normal confession I'd probably have given her space but seeing just how uncomfortable she looked, I didn't hesitate to interfere. "Emma!" I walked to her and took her by the hand completely ignoring Haruto's existence. " So, how did I do?" She squeezed my hands "You did it! And looked radiating while doing so." "You did say you were coming to watch, so I made sure to give my 110%." I stared into her eyes and she returned the gesture, before we knew it we were smiling at each other. "Hey, Peasant she's in the middle of something, do you mind." Haruto spoke in a harsh voice, clearly infuriated. "Hm? Oh, Hey Haruto thanks for keeping her company but we need to get going, we're gonna celebrate my victory." Admittedly bosting about my victory made me feel great. "Wanna bet for her?" I stopped in my tracks. "Sorry, what?" My voice came out chilly though Haruto didn't even care as he continued with his "proposition"."How about we settle this like men, I'm vastly superior to you after all." I ground my teeth in anger, I was about to give him a piece of my mind but as I took a step towards him I felt a tug at my hand, shocked I look back at Emma "....please don't...."Her voice came out a whisper or maybe even a murmur. I took a sec took to calm down and collect myself before ultimately turning around, squeezing Emma's hand, and walking away ignoring Haruto's insults. That was the day all my respect for him died.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

"So that's the story, huh?" Sakura sighed dreamily "So you guys have stories like that, huh? Sound nice...." She smiled at me gently, I felt affection in that gaze, I smiled weakly I return. "So, I'm supposed to help with your training?" Luna snapped us back into the real subject. "Seems like it, nice working with ya!" I tried to think of this as an opportunity to face my own demons, to better myself, or else I'm gonna go crazy... As I thought that Emma spoke to me "Are you gonna be alright?" I could tell that she was genuinely worried, I couldn't help but feel my love for her grow a bit.