My Morning Coffee (Chapter Four)

I rolled out of bed, as the sound of frantic knocking rang threw my room. Uuuugh, couldn't I sleep in on my vacation from reality? Peaking over at the clock I noticed it was 8:37. To early, has she already forgotten I was trying to relax and mourn in the depressed I want to stay in bed and never go back to the real world again type of way? My world was black, the sun was covered in a never ending storm of sadness that came from the loss of my father. Even in Paris I couldn't find the light. Slowly I forced myself to move towards the door. My mind telling my body to lay back down and forget.

"What do you want?" I groaned, my voice sounding as lifeless as I felt.

"COME OUT HERE!" Her excitement startled me. Had something miraculous happened? Had she won the lottery? My curiosity took hold and for a moment the pain could wait. Opening the door to see her face bright with excitement woke me up.

"What is it?" She moved and pointed to the couch. Where Shannon sat cup of coffee in hand. The grin on her face was unbelievably big as she starred at me.

"Who's he?" A whisper drifted into my ear.

"Guy from across the hall, his name is Shan..." Trailing off as i watched him look up from his coffee to me, his eyes lingering on my exposed legs for a brief moment before gazing at me with a smile.

"Good morning, coffee?" He gestured to a cup sitting on the table in front of him. My eyes scanned him as I made my way to the chair that sat opposite the couch. He was in all black head to toe, even wearing shades.

"Sure, what brings you over Shannon?" As i sat I reached out for the cup of coffee, the ceramic mug still hot to the touch.

"Well Jared got to make you tea so I wanted to make you coffee." I sipped the delicious black liquid. The reason he came to our suite was questionable but the rich flavor of the coffee sent my taste buds deep into the rain forests of South America.

"This coffee is AMAZING!" He simply nodded.

"Comment allez-vous?" I tilted my head.

My brows came together in a furrow. "Whaht?"

"How are you, in French." His puffy dull pink lips met with his coffee mug yet again.

"To be honest with you, i feel.." How exactly did I feel? I felt empty, sad, I felt lifeless.

"You feeel?" Oops i had trailed off.

"Dead." My voice came out surprisingly monotone. Setting his mug down he leaned across the table.

"Let me make you feel alive." With that he set a small piece of paper next to his mug and headed for the door.

"We will be leaving Paris in three days." No goodbye he just walked threw the door.

"What was that?" like a thirteen year old Ann screeched.

"He was just bringing me my morning coffee." A wave of confusion covered my brain like a glaze on a piece of pottery.

"Oh yeah like i'd believe that." She scoffed.

"I don't care what you believe, I am going back to bed." My aching bag of bones heaved forward off the couch and drug itself back to the dark confines of my sleeping chambers.

Once safely back in my room, I looked at the piece of paper and sure enough he'd written a number on it.

A/n

So it's short and it's been a long time. I just have been threw a lot over the last year or so and haven't wanted to write. Thanks for reading my lovlies.