IIT PEEPS

Okay...it's probably going to take a while for my next update on Understandably Misunderstood. I'm really busy with certain shitty things happening to me right now. So, here's a rant instead...

Well... here it goes.

So...as I was talking about in the previous chapter. The whole idea that if you want to be an engineer the only way you can be successful is if you get into IIT. Look...IIT is an amazing place to be if you want to do engineering and it really is beautiful. I DO want to get into it myself. But the obsession is going out of hand. It's gone to stages that people kill themselves for not getting a seat because they find that a better alternative than facing their parents.

While my pressure to get into IIT from my parents isn't that extreme. IIT is a HUGE deal to them.

Like EVERY argument we've had over the past year is traced back to IIT. My family used to be so much FUN. Like my parents would dance in the middle of the room or my dad would pull me into tickle fights. I used to play with my sister(I'm sixteen and she's eight). My mom used to take e shopping. I used to hate shopping. But, now I just miss it.

But the second i went to tenth grade. It's like my family's fun switch just kinda turned off. Everything sorta changed. Like my dad might start to tickle me or something when I'm studying but then just stop abruptly and go 'Oh no, sorry for disturbing you.' AND NEARLY EVERY SINGLE ARGUMENT is traced back to IIT prep. LIKE... everything. My sister and I rarely acknowledge each other.

And some people here spend SIXTEEN HOURS a day. NOT KIDDING. For 2 years preparing for IIT. And I know I'm not working hard enough. Like look I'm writing instead. I just..I guess I'm not upto the hard work.

I barely study for 1-2 hours a day. So yeah... I'm screwed.