People's conception on Self-harm.

NUMBER ONE.

SELF HARM IS NOT JUST FOR ATTENTION.

In fact, that is the last thing that most people who get into self-harm want.

NUMBER TWO.

WE AREN'T COWARDS.

We are just people who have been far too brave for far too long.

NUMBER THREE.

NO, WE DON'T ALL JUST WANT TO KILL OURSELVES.

Self harm is more to feel that pain in the moment than suicidal thoughts.

Okay, now I would like to elaborate.

Most people just think that someone cuts themselves. It's jut for a lack of attention or that we are doing it as 'emotional blackmail' to the people who care about us. But, that is just so wrong. In fact, attention is the last thing that anyone of us want. In fact, most of the time, we take the effort to keep it hidden.

Cutting oneself isn't some kind of planned or elaborate 'i need attention' scheme. It is a very spur of the moment decision which always leads to a lot of regret.

Well, to explain what goes through someone's mind (or at least mine) when we pick up that blade basically that it's like matching the pain I feel on the inside to the pain I'm creating on the outside.

If I'm feeling particularly high, it helps me feel low and if I'm low it helps me get high. That's what it does.It's almost like an addiction at this point. Well, I have been able to lay it off for almost 2.5 months now and I hope it can stay that way.

It rarely ever brings thoughts of suicide as well.

An another thing that annoys me is how the notion is almost romanticized in a lot of mass media.

Like, some people think it's cool. Well, it's not. It's not really something you can understand or make complete sense of. So, like, we all have to be there for each other. And, it really doesn't hurt to be nice/ just give someone a smile. You can never know what kind of a difference it could make. Just little compliments, a smile, anything could make a difference. So, just be nice human beings, I guess? I don't even know.

I don't know how it is for most people. So I'd love to hear anything that you might want to add anything or point out anything that may wrong.

ALSO, I'M POSTING SO OFTEN. IK. This place just make me feel so much better.