REUNION (35)

LAURENS POV - 10:01pm

I checked my watch again. 3 minutes! Where the hell is he?! Why are they not in their cellblocks? What's going on?!

Suddenly, I heard mens voice shouting coming from down a wide hall. I ran towards it. I stopped outside a rough looking gymnasium and I saw all the orange suits lined up in 5 lines vertically. I immediately spotted Luke near the front.

I walked in and I felt on eyes on me. "What are you doing here? Women aren't allowed in this cell block, it's too dangerous." One of the guards said in his rough German accent. "That's really sexist. And Sargent S said he needs to Luke Smith for something." I said as casually as I could.

"That's not right. Sargent always tells us to finish the training with them first. It's a priority. Who are you anyway?" he asked me. I avoided eye contact with Luke who was next to me. His presence alone felt so intense on me.

"Well you can go up and check and I'll keep an eye on these." I said, indicating the prisoners. "Not smart. You go back and tell him that Luke will be out after training." the guard crossed his arm.

"Sir, if Sargent needs me, then he needs me." Luke butted in and for the first time in months I looked directly at him. He looked so rough but it was sexy.

I mentally shook my head. No time to be thinking about that, Lauren.

10:03.. one minute and chaos was about to break out. I didn't know how many seconds I had left but at this stage, it was over. We had to face what was about to come.

"Nice try, Luke. But you're staying here. Alright sorry," the guard took a pause and looked at my fake badge. "Stephanie, but we're finishing training first." the guard said.

"But-" I started. "All right, get her out of this cell block. She shouldn't be here anyway." the guard rolled his eyes as his attention turned back to the criminals. Two of the other guards put their arms on me but suddenly an ear piercing alarm went off.

This was it. I spun around and Luke came lunging for the two guards on me and knocked them out. All the prisoners broke lose in the whole prison. The guards were going mental running after them.

"We have twenty minutes to get out of here!" I shouted to Luke as I grabbed his arm and ran out. "We have to talk later!" Luke shouted as we ran through the hall, weaving in and out of other prisoners running free. I turned back briefly and nodded.

We were on the second floor of this cell block and we had to jump over the balcony pathway down onto the main ground in the centre of the cell block. I stopped at the barrier as Luke put one arm on it and swiftly jumped over it and landed safely.

He turned around and looked up at me and put his arms out, signalling for me to jump. I swung my legs over then let myself drop into his arms. "Thanks." I said quickly.

"HEY STEPHANIE! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING HIM?" A guard shouted from behind us. "Keep running!" I said to Luke. "Wasn't planning on stopping for the chat if I'm honest!" he replied.

A few guards were after Luke and I now. Why wouldn't they? It was all over the news that Luke and his team were locked up. The German government isn't going to let this go easy.

"The doors are there, but how are we gonna get out?! The buildings in lockdown!" I exclaimed.

We were running endlessly until we heard someone calling us from up above.

"Psst! Get up here!" Stuart whisper shouted from the vents. He threw down a rope and pulled us up one by one with the help of the others.

"Luke! You made it!" Daniel exclaimed. "Don't say that yet, were still in this wretched prison!" Luke said.

We all quickly crawled through the vents towards the way out. Underneath us sounded crazy. Everyone was screaming and shouting and running around.

"Crap! Why are there two goddam ventilation exits!" Cara snapped as she got really frustrated.

"Split up! Half in half!" Luke ordered. Luke, Cara, Daniel, Kayla , Jeremy and I went to the left while the rest went right.

"I don't mean to scare you guys but there is a bomb about to go off in this place in under twenty minutes." I said. Everyone besides Luke turned back at me and freaked out.

"Shut up! The quicker we get out then we won't get hurt!" Luke said.

"I didn't know you could plant bombs." Kayla said to me. "I can't." I said and I got slightly nervous.

"Then who did?" Jeremy asked. "I'll tell ye later." I said. Luke gave me a look but didn't have time to ask questions.

We reached the end and there was a big drop into a dumpster outside.

"Oh my god, we are about to escape prison." Cara squealed nervously.

We all jumped down into into the dumpster. We weren't even outside! It was in a huge stupid rubbish centre within the prison.

Suddenly, a loud automated robot voice went off throughout the building.

"7 minutes until the bomb goes off." The female robot voice said.

"Oh crap! What the hell do we do? We're literally trapped in this place that stinks and we don't know which way is out!" Cara exclaimed.

"Lauren, you have a gun on you?" Luke asked. I nodded and handed it to him. He went over to the a huge steel door and shot at the lock trying to break it.

"Ah fuck!" Luke grunted when a piece of the metal snapped off and went into his skin. Luke grimaced backward, gripping onto his hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked. I dont know why I asked, clearly he's not okay. "I'll be fine." Luke panted as he ripped off a piece of cloth from the bottom part of his prison suit. He made an orange bandage and wrapped it around his hand.

"That doors not opening." Daniel said as he looked around for another way out. "We're losing time here!" Kayla ran around.

"2 minutes left until bomb is set off." the automated voice went off again.

"Shit." Luke said to himself. Other than all the shouting and havoc going on around us, I heard voices outside.

I shushed everyone and put my head against the door. "Lauren? Luke?! Cara!-" It was Stuart. He got outside with the rest.

"Stuart! We're in here and everything is security protected. There's no way out!" Luke shouted. "I'm here with the others too!" Stuart exclaimed.

"Yo, does anyone wanna tell us why Matt and David are here?" Ryan shouted. "Explain later. Get us out! The bombs gonna go off!" Luke shouted.

"Anyone have a saw?" Stuart asked. "Matt, David can you stop the bomb?!" I asked.

"No! We said once it's set off we can't turn it off!" Matt exclaimed from the outside.

"Of course they can't turn it off, why would they Lauren? They want to kill us." Luke gritted his teeth as he grabbed my wrist and I flinched.

"They want to get her back to Jace, if they killed Lauren they're basically throwing all that reward money out the door." Daniel stated.

"We'll find a way out for ye wait there!" Matt and David said. "Where else are we gonna fucking go?" Jeremy scoffed.

"God I just can't believe they're here!" Luke grunted.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what else to do!" I frowned as I tried to hold his arm but he shrugged me off.

"Cmon guys, let's just try find another way out cause for all we know they could be lying." Luke said to the rest and ignored me.

Cara came over and patted my shoulder. "Come on, he's right. We can't trust them." Cara said gently.

"I know but I- I was gone for months. Ye were all gone for months. I needed help." I said quietly as I looked up at Lukes back ahead of us.

"I know, come on though. We gotta get out of here." Cara smiled.

She was right. We had to get out of here, fast.