VII

Fostering Relationships

While Naruto had been with Jiraiya and the twins, Minato and Kushina had been talking about their adopted son.

"I told you that I would explain, but..." Kushina muttered, trailing off, "I honestly don't know where I should start...."

"Just start from the beginning. We have time," Minato suggested.

"The beginning will have to be that Naruto had read almost all of the books in the library in the past year. Instead of just studying the books he had been given, he had studied extensively in various topics and used the books as a basic introduction," Kushina recounted.

Before Minato could comment, she continued, "Immediately after that would have to be him unlocking his chakra. As you know, he had just unlocked it today and then only began training this morning. The thing is, he had done it in one try and continuously released enough chakra to form a visible aura around him for fifteen minutes straight!"

"Are you sure? That's not possible! Even a kage will have difficulty maintaining that!" Minato exclaimed in disbelief.

"That's not even the most shocking part. His chakra was dense and felt like killing intent because if how heavy it was. It was blue, like that of normal shinobi, but his chakra had swirls of golden chakra mixed in. His eyes swirled with the golden chakra, too. It was beautiful..." Kushina explained.

"It couldn't have been the Kyūbi, right...?" Minato questioned worriedly.

"No, it cannot be. The Kyūbi chakra is red, not gold," Kushina reported.

"He did not even look tired after that. That was why I made him do chakra control practices first," Kushina continued.

"Let me guess, he did badly at first, but got it down in no time?" Minato suggested.

"Far from it. He did not have any trouble in doing it. You have seen that he is a sensor. He used that to his advantage to take note of how I utilise my chakra, easily replicating the process without much thought for both Tree and Water Walking exercises in his first attempt," Kushina revealed, shaking her head.

"I decided to reach him the three basic academy ninjutsu, thinking that he would have trouble doing a regular clone due to his massive reserves and preparing to teach him the shadow clone," Kushina told her husband.

"So he got it down without difficulty due to his impressive control?" Minato guessed, this time getting the answer.

"Indeed. He acted as though it was easy and managed to do the jutsu without hand seals when I had jokingly told him to train until he could do it. He did it easily, making it seem as though there's no difficulty whatsoever in manipulating his chakra without hand seals. Oh, he also unlocked his chakra and did the chakra control exercises without the usage of hand seals. I forgot to tell him that he was allowed to use the Ram seal to focus his chakra..." Kushina explained, sounding sheepish when she confessed to her mistake.

"The other two academy jutsu were also done in his first try and easily mastered within the second. I also found out that he had photographic memory at some point. After that, I tested his chakra affinity," Kushina recounted.

"He had Doton, right?" Minato guessed.

"Yes, he did. However, he also had Suiton, Katon, Doton, Fūton and Raiton. His Suiton, Doton and Raiton affinities were exceptionally strong. His Suiton was on the level of the Nidaime, he could pull water from the air. I even have this slight suspicion that the water would protect him from harm without him having to will it to. His Doton affinity is one I do not understand. He was able to sink into the ground where he stayed for at least five minutes. I could not find him even with chakra pulses. They always returned blank. I could not find him until he came back up. His Raiton was strange..." Kushina told Minato, wondering whether she should tell her husband about the Raikiri that Naruto had managed to do without hand seals.