X

Another Life

Naruto sucked his baby milk formula from the bottle, finding that the taste was not all that bad.

Such a thing had not existed back in his former world. Kushina had to feed him goat milk back before she had given birth to his adoptive twin siblings Naomi and Natsume. Its taste truly did leave much to be desired, so the fact that such convenient things existed here made his repeat of his time as a baby much less unpleasant.

He had already understood the spoken form of the language here after less than a week. Vince and Aria had called it English, almost as though there were other languages here. That was exactly not an alien concept since there had been different languages within the Elemental Countries as well in the form of varying dialect. However, the common language spoken there was simply the one used most. This was more so when it came to those of the shinobi villages.

Aria already seemed to see Naruto as a part of the household, but Vince still clung to his hope that he would be able to find Naruto's parents.

Now that Naruto understood the language that they spoke, he found this daunting. He was worried that the man might somehow end up finding a connection between Naruto and a person of this world and abandon him. With the fact that he did not have any roots in this place, that would be troublesome beyond words. His efforts in searching for a suitable couple would be wasted and he would have to search for yet another foster family.

💣

The one month mark came.

Much to Aria and Naruto's joy, Vince had failed to discover Naruto's family and it was not due to lack of trying.

He had chanced upon too many false leads for him to count, but could not seem to be able to find a single piece of conclusive evidence. He started to consider the thought that the child was the gift of the heavens at some point and the idea continued to linger even until now. There were no traces of where the child might have come from. Nothing strange had shown up when he had run the baby through his tests. There was simply no way of knowing from whence the child had appeared.

Vince had received a voluntary account from their neighbour, a batty old lady by the name of Mrs Angelia York, who told him she could swear that she had seen the infant float in on its own. Naturally, both Vince and Aria had regarded the lady's words as utter nonsense, but that indeed had Vince thinking that the little boy might just be fated to be their child. Mrs York's insinuation that the child they were harbouring must have been a demon was not nearly enough to deter the couple from their desire to have a child that they could call their own.

Aria had awoken that morning, all too gleeful at the fact that her husband had lost their bet. He, the person in question, had not slept a single wink over the past three days. Vince took leave from his work and skipped his meals and sleep, all in his final bid to attempt to dig up the truth about the mysterious baby. It was, however, an attempt that bore absolutely no fruit.

The child truly seemed to have appeared out of nowhere on that wintry New Year's Eve evening.

"You win, Aria," he spoke defeatedly when said woman waltzed into his study with the reason for all his stress in the past month in her arms.

"I've already thought of a name," Aria did not hesitate to proclaim.

"I'm picking the middle name," Vince rebutted almost automatically.

Aria rolled her eyes but did not reject the idea.

"His name will be Sirius. After all, I believe that he will be the brightest star of our lives," Aria declared, holding Naruto up high.