Chapter 3

After that whole unusual of an incident, the gang came back home, preparing for a new batch of bread to bake for the next delivery tomorrow. Kali and others saw that Wallace was in love, becoming smitten over Piella. 

"The Bake-o-Lite girl. Fancy that lads" Wallace remarked, making a replica of Piella's face out of bread dough. 

"It's not everyday you meet the girl of your dreams, is it?" Wallace sighed to the others, admiring his bread model of Piella's face. But the rest of the gang, mainly Gromit, were too busy running around making more bread. But some of the chickens did watch him though in curiousness. 

"I could name two others right now" Kali whispered to her siblings, thinking about Wallace's two other past girlfriends. 

"And I can name a dozen more" Ann replied. She had never-ending examples for these kind of things. 

"Oh well, this isn't gonna put bread on the table is it" Wallace started. Just then the doorbell rang. 

"I wonder who that could be" said Rocky. 

"Perhaps it's the mailman" Babs guessed. 

"Where did you get a dumb idea like that?" Bunty griped at Babs. 

Wallace went to answer the door, with Kali not far behind as she stood slightly behind his left side, while the others watched from the kitchen. 

"Oh hello" Wallace smiled. It was Piella, and she was dressed up in pink, with a picnic basket she held in one arm. Gromit and others peeped through the doorway on top of each other, getting suspicious of Piella. 

"That was way faster and later than expected" Kali quietly said to herself, on how quickly Piella would strangely just show up after she'd been rescued by Wallace. 

"We were just passing by going for a walk, and Fluffles insisted on dropping in, hoping you would join us" Piella explained to Wallace. 

"Please say yes, she'd be so disappointed, wouldn't you Fluffy" Piella said to her poodle before gently nudging Fluffles with her leg. Fluffles went up and started tugging on Wallace's apron with her mouth, begging him to come with them. 

"Oh, well if you insist" Wallace said before Kali jumped in front of him, facing Piella. 

"Oh i'm sorry, but Wallace had plans for today to spend some quality time with us" Kali said, referring to herself and the others, obviously trying to get Piella to leave. 

"Oh i'm sure he wouldn't mind, just this one time" Piella replied about Wallace before strangely patting her leg and mentioning "Walkies", calling Wallace along like a dog to come with her. 

That really confused Kali, Gromit, and the others as they all had weird looks on their faces and they all looked to each other thinking "What just happened". Kali, Gromit, and the others started to all get a gut feeling that something was odd about Piella. 

"Manage without me won't you lads" Wallace told Gromit and the others before he left with Piella and Fluffles. Frustrated with his master for leaving him and the others like that, Gromit gave out an aggravating sigh. 

"Well this is not how I expected this visit to turn out" Kali sighed, gloomy knowing that this visit with her old friends wasn't gonna go the way she planned. 

"I'm gonna follow them" Nobby told Kali and the other chickens, knowing something seemed strange about this whole situation between Wallace and Piella.

Later, poor Gromit had to do all the work at making the bread on his own. But thankfully Kali, the twins, and the chickens were there to help out. 

"Don't worry pal, we'll help you. For old time sake" Kali told the beagle, after all they've been through together already. 

"Thanks" Gromit smiled to her, feeling relieved.

By that afternoon, the gang was still very busy with the bread making. Gromit was doing three things at once, while Kali carried out quite a few stacks of bread, plus trying to balance the rest on her head when the doorbell rang. The twins went to answer it. 

"Oh good you're finally back" Ann smiled to Wallace, until she opened the rest of door to see Piella standing next to him. 

"Oh great you brought her with you" Brock grumbled while his eyebrows lowered.

Wallace invited Piella into the living room. The two of them soon started to have a conversation about random things while Gromit poured them tea and Kali and the twins brought them some biscuits. The kids and the mute beagle couldn't be more annoyed, with their eyebrows lowered. Nobby soon came inside after them, covered in leaves and twigs. He headed back into the kitchen where the rest of the chickens were. 

"I followed them all over town on their date" Nobby informed them while he whispered "Wallace had a peanut butter sandwich, she had jelly". 

"Well how do you know that?" Mac asked. 

"I had the last bits of their sandwiches... I was hiding in the trash" Nobby explained. 

"Well that explains the smell" Bunty wrinkled up her beak. 

"No actually that's dung heap I fell into" Nobby corrected, a little embarrassed.

"So, did you see anything unusual?" Ginger asked her brother. 

"Not that I can think of. They were just sitting on a bench, feeding bread to some ducks. Acting all flirtatious, whatever that means" Nobby explained. Just then, the chickens heard laughing coming from the living room. They all came out and poked their heads around the corner. 

"Oh Mr Wallace, you are cheeky" Piella said while she and Wallace laughed together. Kali, Gromit, and the others noticed Piella place her hand on Wallace's knee. Kali, Gromit, and the others looked at each other, knowing that this was the start of a whirlwind of romance between Wallace and Piella. 

"Mommy, is Mr Wallace going nutso for that big creepy looking lady?" Ricky asked. 

"Yes dear" Ginger replied with a sigh, hating to admit it. 

For nearly the whole week, Wallace took Piella out on all kinds of dates. From rowing in a boat like in the canals of Venice Italy, even dancing the tango, etcetera. A few days passed and Gromit, Kali, and the others already lost track at how many times Wallace spent with Piella.

"This was suppose to be our weekend together" Kali sighed in disappointment, that she wasn't getting to spend time with her uncle figure since Piella was taking all of Wallace's attention away from her and the others. Plus this was suppose to be a good time for the chickens to get to know Wallace a little better, if he wasn't so distracted. 

"It's okay Kali, none of this is your fault" Ginger comforted her human friend. 

"And besides it wouldn't be so bad if Wallace wasn't so gaga over that harpy" Rocky added. 

"But what about Lady Tottington?" The Twins asked their sister why Wallace liked Piella instead of the wealthy aristocrat he used to date on Kali's last adventure with the duo. 

The gang soon all went up to bed. Unfortunately, Wallace and Piella were making bread downstairs while listening to music, which kept the gang awake at night. 

"Ah, are they gonna continue to listen to that cheep romantic junk all night?!" Nobby groaned. 

"I'm with you little brother" Ginger agreed, while the chickens tried to get some sleep in their temporary nests Kali put together for them. But the gang continued to hear the music and laughter coming from downstairs.  

"Hey, haven't you ever heard of the term rest in peace?! Even the dead are calling to complain!" Ann yelled out to downstairs.

But Wallace and Piella couldn't hear them as they were too busy enjoying each others company. Kali and Gromit smacked their pillows over their heads while they groaned. This reminded them of the time Feathers McGraw was staying with them, before they found out he was a jewel thief. The gang went uneasily to sleep, hoping for an easier day tomorrow.