Chapter 5

Kali had been having the same dream visions over and over again about herself, Gromit, and the others failing to protect Wallace, and Piella finally getting her baker's dozen. Each dream vision always ended with Kali falling into a never-ending dark pit (like most nightmares were). 

Other than that, she and Gromit don't remember much what happened since they had been dozing off to sleep on top of the chandelier. 

When suddenly, they both lost their grip and fell, scared awake, only seconds away from landing right on top of Piella.

But the two suddenly woke up after landing on the bed with the sun shining outside. They gasped and looked around to see it was morning and Piella wasn't in the room. 

"It was all a dream. Thank God!" Kali sighed, nearly scared to death. 

The rest of the gang then came out from hiding in the closet. 

"What happened?" Nobby asked while rubbing his eyes, still trying to wake up. 

"Did we sleep in here the whole night?" Rocky asked, seeming shocked they had survived the night in the same room with a serial killer. 

"I'm most certain of it" Kali answered her friend's question, knowing this wasn't a dream after she had bruise marks on her arm from pinching herself awake. 

"But we can't seem to find Piella" Gromit said. 

The chickens had a quick look around the house, then came back into the bedroom. "She's not here" They said. 

"But that means-" Brock started, realizing something. Everyone soon went wide-eyed. 

"There's no time to lose!" Kali told the others.   

The gang rushed back home, but not before Kali grabbed Piella's book that had the pictures of the bakers in it. The group arrived back home within minutes. They came in through the backdoor, where Ann and the other chickens were waiting for them.

"There you guys are" said Mac. 

"Good grief, you were gone the whole night" Fowler remarked. 

"We were worried" Babs added. 

"Do you know what time it is?" Bunty walked up to Ginger and Rocky with her wings on her hips, looking more upset than relieved that the gang was safe. "How dare you leave us alone all night with these- Sugar fiends!" Bunty complained, referring to the chicks, who were half asleep on the staircase from all the sugar they got into last night. They had foam coming out of their beaks. 

"Thanks for your hospitality" Ginger told Bunty sarcastically. 

"Meanwhile, we were the near victims in a homicidal's bedroom!" Rocky added a bit more dramatically. 

"Are you guys okay?" Ann sighed in relief as she hugged her brother and sister. 

"Yeah we're fine, but there's no time to explain" Kali replied. 

"Where's Wallace?" Gromit asked desperately while taking in a deep breath. Worried for his master since he was his best friend. 

"First of all what's going on?" Ann asked her siblings and the beagle. 

"Piella...bake murder...must...save...Wallace" Brock was out of breath. 

"Huh?" Ann and the other chickens just stared at Brock and the group, confused. 

"It's Piella, she's the baker murderer!" Kali told the gang. They all gasped in response. 

"Are you sure?" Bunty asked with her wings crossed. Not believing it, until Kali showed them the pictures of the previous bakers in Piella's book.