♥Sing(HIStory Era)♥

A/N: This is a request from MichaelJacksonPotato.............girl, I hope you like it!
I tried my best and if it sucked then I sincerely apologize.
Also, I'd like to note that the lyrics to the songs may be wrong but I would like to say in my defense, that I just copied and pasted them from a lyrics website sooooo yes.

Do enjoy.

Have fun!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom, I'm so nervous!" you say anxiously as you pace up and down the room.

"Honey, just relax," your mom encourages you as you fiddle with your fingers.

Michael Jackson had been hosting sets of auditions for a female singer to perform with him during his HIStory tour and your mother had strongly urged you to try out since you were quite the singer.
And also because you'd adored Michael's music ever since you were six.

You'd loved music ever since you were a little girl and both of your parents adored that quality about you.

Your voice was simply heaven when you started singing.

"What if I forget the words?" you suck in some air through your teeth. 

"You're singing a song written by your idol," she raises an eyebrow. "In front of your idol," she shrugs. "What could possibly go wrong?"

You gawk at your mother as you realize that she's not making things any better for you. 

"But mom I-"

"Lorelai?" a female voice cuts you off and you turn your head to see a blonde woman beckoning you in to the auditions room. "You're up,"

"Oh my God.." you whisper nervously.

"You'll do fine!" your mom encourages. "Now go!"

You take the microphone from the blonde woman and grip it tightly as you make your way into the unknown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And what is your name?" Michael looks up at you as you stand front and center of the room.

"Lorelai," you respond softly into the microphone - earning a smile from him.

"That's a lovely name," he smiles, his eyes focused on you as you try not to look too nervous. "And how old are you Lorelai?" 

You clear your throat as you look around the room nervously.

It was just you and Michael.

How the hell did everyone else survive?

The fact that one had to perform in front of the legend himself - was pretty intimidating.

"Eighteen," you say, a little shakily.

"Ah," his eyes fall back to the paper in front of him.

He looks....disappointed?

Wait, what?

"Well, do go ahead," he nods encouragingly and you breathe steadily as the melody for the song you're performing kicks in.

Looking out, across the nighttime. The city winks a sleepless eye. Hear her voice, shake my window; a sweet, seducing sigh.

You breathe for a moment - your silky voice echoing off the walls before you continue.

Get me out into the nighttime. Four walls won't hold me tonight. If it this town is just an apple, then let me take a bite.