a hole in the Sky

Sptember 2

chicken fried mashed potatoes with sauce, pod and bread - the dish, cold and angry on the stove where amma had left. normally it kept my dinner hot until I got the training, but today not.

I was very trouble.

Amma was furious, sitting at the table eating balinhas cinnamon and scrawling in crossword the new York times. my father signed hidden editing Sunday because the crossword of the stars and stripes had many errors spelling and the readers digest were too small. I don't know how it could do without Carlton Eaton realized as it would have done the entire city know that we were good too much for the stars and stripes. but there was nothing that my father not made by amma. she slipped the dish in my direction, looking for me without looking at me. enfiei mashed potato and chicken cold in the mouth. there was nothing that amma hated more than food left in the dish. tried to keep away from the tip of your pencil special number two, used only for crosswords and maintained as pointed out that could hurt the point of bleeding. today, it was possible. listened to the noise uninterrupted rain on the roof. there was no other sound in the kitchen. amma hit pencil on the table.

- Eight letters. confine or cause pain due to an error committed. she gave me another look. enchi's mouth mashed potatoes. I knew what was the way. nine horizontal.

- C-the -s-tee I-G-to-St. what do you mean punish. what do you mean that can't get in school on time, won't leave this home.

I was thinking about who had logged in to tell her that I arrived late, or the most likely, who had not connected. she pointed pencil despite it being still fine tip, tucking it in the old pointing automatic on the bench. she was still clearly "non-looking" to me, which was well worse than me look in the eyes. walked up to where she was pointing pencil and I spent my arm around it, giving you a good grip.

- Stop it, amma. don't get angry. was raining strong in the morning. you wouldn't want corrêssemos in the rain, isn't it? she raised an eyebrow, but the expression if softened.

- Well, it seems that will continue raining from now until the day you cut this hair, then you better think of a way to reach the school before the signal touch.

- Yeah, Lady. - squeezed it once again and I went back to my mashed cold.

- You will never believe what happened today. has a new girl in our class.

- Don't know why I said that. I think it was still in my head. - think don't know about Lena duchannes? engasguei with bread. Lena duchannes. could rhyme with rain. how amma spoke did appear that the word had a syllable the most. du-Kay-yane.

- It's that her name? Lena? amma pushed a glass of achocolatado toward me.

- it's not, and is not your account. you should not be meter with things of which know nothing, Ethan wate. amma always spoke in code and never offered more than that. I wasn't going to her House in waders Creek since it was a child, but knew that most people of the city was going. amma was the reader tarot most respected in a perimeter 160 miles Gatlin, as well as her mother before her and grandma it before the mother. six generations of seers.

Gatlin was full of Baptists fearing God, Methodists and Pentecostals, but they could not resist attraction of letters, the possibility to change the course of own destiny. because it was that they believed that a powerful seer could do. and amma was a great strength with which count. sometimes I found one of its amulets homemade in my drawer socks or hanging on the door of the office of my father. only asked so that they served once. my father caused amma whenever thought one, but I realized that he never the removing. "better safe than sorry." I think he wanted to tell if prevent of amma, which could do you need to remedy.