Chapter 7

"Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today."

Alia's POV

You know the time when everything's going awesome but then suddenly something happens and You just don't know what to do, like you are stuck up between choosing whether to do as your heart is saying you to or do what your logic's analyzes tell you to.

Should I tell Asia about it or not? Was the question, and the need to just decide was killing me, beside the contradiction between my logical mind and my emotional heart wasn't helping at all.

Basically this is what happen, I received a message from my cousin the moment I woke up for dhuhr and all my hope vanished in thin air as I read the message and I was struggle to hold on tight to even the mirage of hope.

Two weeks before coming to the resort, I've heard Muhammed bhai talking to Imran bhai about some death shot's prison escape and how Asia's life is at risk and stuff like that tho what I heard wasn't clear and I could only grasp bits and pieces of their conversation but that didn't help my worry in fact it increased it even more.

I was actually confused in the beginning and after a week or so of anxiety and worry, I let it slide and thought that I might've misheard their conversation 'cuz I've never heard of the name 'death shot' before, who the heck even keeps such a lame title let alone name, beside if he had anything to do with Asia then we all would've known, or so I've thought, but when I was walking past Asia's room the night before our departure to the resort, I overheard the conversation between Asia and Hooriya, and that's when the realization downed on me, that the one who has escaped the prison is the one who killed Asia's parents.

I tried composing my anxiety and leaving it in the Hands of Allah and enjoy the events ahead, which was working fine up untill now.

"Death shot has escaped from prison and the entire police department is searching for him and as for your question, he is super dangerous. According to the little information I managed to get out of my husband was that, He handles some really bad business of the biggest mafia gang and is an important person in the underworld. Don't ask me what type of business because no matter how much I tried my husband wouldn't let out a single word about it hmph." I read the message again, before typing a reply.

"Dude, I know you are newly wed and can't keep nagging him about his work related things but that's why I gave you as much time as you asked for and this is all you could collect smh, I really need to know where he is suspected to be right now and what could possibly be his next move. Just try your best please." I pressed the send button.

I don't know anything about Asia's past, how she ran away, how her parents got killed and about her siblings. She mostly talks only about good memories and never about the dark chapters of her past life. Though Hooriya and Muhammed bhai were the ones whom she has shared most of her past with. I never gave it much thought, because I know whenever she broke down, it was mostly either Hooriya or Muhammed bhai who would come to her aid, whereas me and Afifa would mostly used be with our cousins from our mother's side at their place as we all were in the same classes and that made studying easier and fun.

We might not have spend a lot of time together as young teens but that doesn't mean me and Asia aren't close, if anything, I love her a lot and she is really dear to all of us, except Ruqayya di obviously, and to think of her life being at risk, shakes me beyond what I could imagine, and as I couldn't ask anything about it to my brothers, I had to find a way and that's why I asked my cousin who got married recently to one of the officials from Muhammed bhai and Imran bhai's department.