Summoned

Her curls flew in the warm breeze and she beckoned him to join her. He'd never liked the beach but she seemed to enjoy it so...and who was he to deny her anything? They walked down the white sand until she found a spot she liked. He got out the blanket and settled down to watch her running around trying to keep that monstrous hat on. He had teased her for having a hat that covered more than her clothes. She was so cute when she wrinkled her nose and got annoyed with him. He smiled when the wind tried to wrench the hat off and at the same time lift her tiny skirt. He walked up behind her. As he hugged her she turned in his arms to smile at him. He couldn't help himself, he kissed her.

"WHAT?!" Severus sat bold up right in his bed. He felt the cold sweat drenching his body. The bloody Granger girl had sneaked in to his dreams! He flung himself out of bed. Damn mirror! He paced the room's fireplace. Hex the girl! Curse the mirror! Hate them both!

She couldn't have materialised just this year...why did the wrenched little thing have to have always been the one? The one in that accursed mirror... Burn the day the dwarfs made that mirror for that lovesick woman goddess!

He paced and paced. He could have lived with the fact that she was in that blasted thing, but no, she had to sneak into his mind, roam his dreams, and twist his head... Why had he ever returned to this horrid place? Why had he promised the old fool to take care of the school and it's children? Why did Miss Granger have to be so god damn appealing all of a sudden! She was his student... she should have the common decency to be just as uninteresting and unattractive as all the rest of the little shitlings! Oh he knew she was far from the so-called most attractive students but he had never looked twice at those girls. They were students and complete dimwits at that, but little blasted Miss Granger with her full body, messy hair, and sharp wit had waltzed in with that mirror and turned his world upside down.

He slumped down in his big armchair and stared in to the fire. Two days had gone by since he had stumbled upon the mirror. She had tried to act normal but she flushed more than usual for a girl in his class. He was quite certain she didn't fancy him or have any other stupid romantic ideas...he was nearly sure it was only because either she was ashamed by him knowing she saw him in that wretched mirror or she had found out he saw her too. Probably both. She was far too smart and too much of a bookworm not to try to pry every ounce of information out of the library. He closed his eyes. This was not good, not good at all.

"Curse all..." he muttered before he drifted of to sleep once more...still in his armchair.

And here he came... it looked like he had had a bad night. He was rubbing his neck. Probably fell asleep in his study. His study... Hermione blushed as the picture of him sitting handsome behind his desk painted it self in her mind. She didn't really know why she had taken to discreetly watch him during mealtimes. Maybe she was curious as to why he was her perfect match...maybe.

"Hermione... I thought you said you'd left the mirror with Snape?" Ron whispered in her ear.

She turned to him "I did. Is it back?"

Ron nodded "Ravenclaw's ogling at it they say"

"Then maybe he forgot it on his desk and some student found it...or something..." Then it dawned on Hermione that she hadn't told her friends about that damn list being far too preoccupied with what it meant for her. She smiled a wicked little smile.

"So Ginny..." she said just a tad louder than necessary, but not suspiciously loud no need for that. Gin looked up from her ham sandwich.

"...You know that mirror of Freja we had some days ago?" Now half the table was pretending not to listen in...good.

Ginny nodded.

"Well I did some research on it and it turns out its more magical than one suspected at first." The noises around the table was dampening.. "I don't recall who it was you saw but he would see you too if he looked in the mirror..."