Stairs

She was sitting with her head bent down, her hair draped so to shield her features.

He had been surprised that she'd even shown up. But he guessed the Gryffindor courage meddled with her mind.

Severus tried to ignore her, but for some reason his eyes wandered back to Hermione Granger. He reluctantly observed as her head turned up to respond to something the Weasley boy said, her pink lips came in to view. Soft and moist, Seduc...

Severus coughed loudly. He wasn't thinking straight.

He saw out of the corner of his eyes how her deer eyes shot to him and then dropped down. The curtain of locks fell over her face again.

He sighed and stood up to wander in between his students.

How could such an innocent and pure little thing think twice about him? How wrong. She should jump idiotically around with one of her own silly kind. She and the Weasley boy for example. Of course they had already tried.. Maybe Potter would be more her type. But he was once again snogging the little Weasley girl. Severus glanced down at the object of his thoughts. Her hair wasn't too bad looking, if one just got past the cheer volume of it. the curls fell rather nicely. He turned away His other student's held little in the way of distraction, soon his thoughts and eyes returned again to the little brunet. She was slicing her root in to too wide pieces. He slowly stalked over to her. She didn't seem to notice him as he bent down to whisper in her ear

"Watch out Miss Granger, if you don't think of what you're doing you might end up ruining everything..."

Hermione jumped as she heard her professor's silky voice in her ear. She turned to look at him, he had straightened up and was smirking down at her. His black eyes sparkled playfully. He was playing with her. And what had he meant by his whispered warning? Did he mean that she should have thought before kissing him? Her eyes stung. The evil bustard!

She observed as his eyes grew colder and narrowed. Snape turned his gaze else where. Hermione looked after him as his steps removed him once again away from her. Always away from her. He was so... soo... Someone nudged her and pulled the head girl out of her train of thought.

"I think you've sliced your root to thickly Herm" Harry pointed out. She looked down, and then to the text book.

"Oh thanks Harry, I might have spoiled the whole potion hadn't you noticed." As the words escaped her she looked up, the professor sat behind his desk again. His eyes scoped the room lazily and landed on hers. She looked down. He hadn't just commented on her root. He had mocked her with the root as en excuse. Hermione let her hair fall as a curtain between her and her professor. The tears, the same, the mocking. He truly was evil.

After he had dismissed them Hermione basically ran up to her rooms. Harry and Ron barely got a good bye before she was gone. She threw herself down on the sofa and stared up in to the sealing. Gods, if she could just hate him. No she did hate him. Her heart stung and her eyes stung. How to make him see her as something more than a student? Someone else but the annoying know-it-all next to Harry Potter..?

She looked up as the door opened again. Oh goodie Malfoy. She slumped back down.

"Greetings Granger, you rushed of from potions quickly." He unnecessarily observed. She grunted something incoherent. Malfoy just smiled.

"Well It's been a long day. Thought I was going to hex Flitwick for all the homework he gave us." the blond scotched her legs over and seated himself next to her. She thought of kicking him, he wasn't welcome on her ravelling in self-pity couch. She didn't though.

"Sooo Granger, silent today huh..." She thought about kicking his smiling face again. Would he be able to look up her skirt if she did? Would it matter since she got in a good kick?