Prologue

Los Angeles, Titan Tech Industries: 2040

"Systems: Stable... Asteroid: on collision course...Power Suits: Error Contamination detected..." uttered the computer. Those last words seemed to linger on, to echo just so everyone could hear it. Just so everyone could know that all the hours of preparation for such a vital experiment had gone to waste.

For a moment, you could feel the depression oozing out of the scientists. All seven of them got up in unison.

"What is the meaning of this!" exclaimed Liam Sturridge, the youngest but by far the smartest scientist there.

He glared straight at the female scientist leading the project. His eyes cut deep into hers. Her heart rate slowly increased. For so long he had kept his frustration hidden away like oil. He had found a way to use the frustration to fuel his drive to the goal they shared. But after so long, this 'oil' had finally spilled over.

It had ignited.

The scientists had been tasked with Project: Oedipus. A project that would decide if mankind would survive its coming doom, it was man's last hope. It was dangerous. Only they could understand this hypothesis.

Although he would never have the audacity to say it, Liam doubted that the experiment would fail. He wasn't the only one who had doubts. There was another individual. His best-friend, Logan, loathed this project from the day it was notated, seemingly by the Devil himself.

The leader of this God-forsaken project was standing right next to him, Linda Heathway the source of the project's main funding.

Her face turned insipid.

How could this be happening? She thought in disbelief. But wasn't this entire project based on disbelief? Wasn't it based on lies, death, and sacrifice?

Linda calmed herself down. It wasn't worth it thinking about the person who died during this project. It wasn't worth thinking about him. Not now.

"Execute the project" commanded Linda.

"NO!" screamed out Liam and Logan at the same time. It was almost effective. Almost.

Now humanity was doomed and it was all because of one calamitous mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the first chapter of this book hope you liked it.

Don't be a silent reader comment down below AND...

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEKS EPISODE OF KILLING PEOPLE FOR NO APPARENT REASON!!!

*bleep*