3

"Do you know what you want?" Louis asks as he reaches across the table to hold Harry's hand. Harry shakes his head, staring down at the menu with a pout as Louis smiles fondly. "That's okay, love, take your time."

Harry flashes Louis a quick smile as he glances down at his stomach, protruding from his sweater a noticeable bit as Louis brings the back of Harry's hand up to his mouth and presses a kiss to it.

The baby sitting in the booth behind them starts to fuss, and Harry's heart aches. Seeing the couple walk in when they arrived he noticed that the baby was tiny, probably only a couple of months old. With each sob he can feel it in his chest, and while Louis lets go of his hand to check his phone for texts from his mom, seemingly not noticing the baby's whining, it takes everything in Harry to not turn around and look at the infant.

After a few minutes the baby shifts to full on crying, the parents seemingly trying to continue with their conversation and not paying attention to the child at all. Louis looks up then, noticing how upset Harry was as the baby sobbed inside of the carrier it was in.

"Haz," Louis coos softly, watching as Harry places his hand against his stomach as the baby cries louder and louder, the parents talking louder and louder over the poor child. Louis reaches across the table to grab Harry's other hand, stroking the back of it with his thumb.

"Oh, would you just shut up?!" The mother hisses, but Harry can hear the baby being taken out of the carrier. He squeezes Louis' hand, lip wobbling as Louis' face twists in anger.

"Hazza, baby," Louis whispers so the angry woman can't hear him. Harry looks over to Louis, fingertips clutching his bump tighter. "You are going to be such a wonderful parent, love, okay? " The baby continues crying, Harry's heart sinking a little in worry. Is the baby alright? Are they hurt? "Do you want to leave, H?"

Harry nods quickly, face almost crumpling as Louis practically flys out of his seat, walking around the booth to help Harry out before sending a glare to the mother of the distressed baby. He leads Harry out of the restaurant with his hand on the small of his boy's back, feeling his trembling form beneath his palm.

"Harry, love, you look wonderful," Jay coos, pinching Harry's cheeks as Harry's lips slowly form into a smile. "Are you feeling alright? You're around four months now, yeah?" Harry nods in response to both questions. Jay beams.

"I'm doing well, Mum, how are you?" Louis mumbles sarcastically as he sets down both his and Harry's bags, refusing to let Harry lift anything.

"Come here," Jay orders Louis, spreading her arms out for a hug. Louis wraps his arms around her tightly as she kisses his cheek. "I missed you, my sweet boy."

"I missed you too," Louis sighs contently against the top of his mother's head, smiling to himself. After they separate he can hear the footsteps coming toward the kitchen, and he prepares himself for the overwhelming sea of girls.

"'Ry!" Doris screams as she runs toward Harry, giggling as he picks her up, kissing the top of her head. Doris puts her chubby little toddler fingers on Harry's lips. "'Ry say Dory?"

Harry opens his mouth wide as if he's going to say something, but then blows a raspberry against Doris' cheek, making her shriek with laughter as Louis watches them fondly. Two of his favourite people.

"Did you bring presents?" Phoebe asks as she enters the room. Louis holds his empty arms out, signalling that no, they didn't, and Phoebe huffs and goes back to the kitchen to let Daisy know those hours of waiting for their brother and his boyfriend were useless.

"If you were planning on telling them, I'd do it soon," Jay mutters in Louis' ear as Ernie practically skips toward Harry. "They're all here at the same time, which is rare."

"Right," Louis sighs as the two oldest of the girls pool into the room. "Yeah, girls, we've got something to tell you, if you wanted to sit down maybe?"

"Will this be quick? 'Ve got plans in an hour," Lottie says, hair only half down as she sits down on the sofa.

"This'll be quick," Louis assures as Harry sets Doris down, kissing the top of her head before giving her a gentle push toward Lottie. Once everyone is sitting down, Jay standing near the entrance to the room, Louis clears his throat, standing behind an armchair Harry is sitting in and scratching lightly at his scalp. "Alright, well, uh, Harry has been around for a long time now, yeah? Since Lottie was little. And we've been together for a while as well, and, uh..."

"Are you getting married?" Fizzy gasps, eyes quickly darting to Harry's fingers to look for a ring. Louis smiles fondly at just the prospect and shakes his head.

"No, not yet," He sighs quietly. "Guys, Harry's, um, he's pregnant. We're having a baby."

"Are you serious?!" Lottie gasps, hand going up to her mouth as her eyes go to Harry. Harry nods, and both Lottie and Fizzy stand up. They look like they don't know what to do, don't know who to hug first.

"'Ry sick?" Ernie asks worriedly, toddling over to Harry and placing his hands on his thighs. Harry shakes his head and picks Ernie up, kissing the top of his head.

"Ernie, bub, remember when Auntie was growing her baby in her belly?" Jay asks, her smile warm as Harry holds him on his lap. "That's what Harry's doing, love, Achoo and Harry are having a baby."

Ernie takes time to process what his mother said before looking down at Harry's stomach, seeming to notice the bump. "Hi!" Ernest hollers to Harry's stomach, and Harry giggles silently while Louis leans down and kisses the top of his head.

"What's the matter, lovely?" Louis asks lowly, his hand entwined with Harry's as they lay in the dark. Harry just lets out a soft sigh, leaning forward and burying his face into Louis chest. Louis frowns, reaching up and starting to run his fingers through Harry's hair. "Are you still upset about the lady at the restaurant?"

They're tangled up together in Louis' old twin bed. Louis had tried to scoot over to give Harry more room so he could be comfortable. Harry, of course, pulled Louis closer.

Harry nods solemnly, and Louis sighs and kisses the top of his head. "Those parents were probably just really stressed out, I'm sure the baby is fine, darling," He rubs Harry's back and kisses the top of his head again. "We will be nothing like that, H. You are the most beautiful person inside and out, and you are loving and caring and will be an amazing parent."

Harry points to his heart, Louis can feel his arm moving against his torso, as a way to say I love you.

"I love you," Louis mutters, giving Harry's waist a squeeze.