13

"Okay, let's see, love," The nurse says, Harry's legs spread open. Two hours in. Harry is irritable. Louis is, apparently, irritating. The nurse grins. "Seven centimetres! You're moving along quickly."

Harry pouts, leaning his head into Louis' torso. Louis frowns sympathetically, running his fingers through Harry's hair. "So what are we thinking, Harry?" The nurse asks. "Epidural?"

Harry shakes his head. "That's fine," She assures. "Do you need anything?" Harry shakes his head again. "Quiet lad."

Harry blushes, and Louis laughs. "That's just how he is with everyone," Louis assures. "Don't be offended."

The nurse leaves a few minutes later, leaving Harry and Louis alone. Louis sits down next to Harry on the bed, Harry immediately leaning into him.

"Tired, pet?" Louis mumbles as he kisses the top of Harry's head. Harry nods, closing his eyes. "You heard what she said, you're dilating quick. Soph will be here before we know it."

Harry opens his eyes, lifting his head to smile wearily up at Louis. He leans up and presses their lips together. Louis grins into the kiss, putting his hand on Harry's cheek.

Harry suddenly gasps, wrinkling his nose. He leans his forehead against Louis' shoulder. Louis kisses the top of his head, rubbing his back. "I know, baby, I'm sorry," Louis soothes. "You're almost there, H."

The door swings open, and in comes Niall. "A knock would have been appreciated," Louis says. Harry's still gripping onto his shirt, gritting his teeth.

"Harry texted me saying he wanted ice," Niall explains, setting a cup with a spoon in it on the table. "How's it going?"

Harry just growls. Niall raises his eyebrows. "Right," He says, giving Louis a thumbs up. Louis grins wearily, shaking his head.

"I'll text you guys with any updates," He says. Niall nods and waves goodbye before leaving the room. Harry untenses after, pointing to the cup of ice Niall left. Louis hands it to him.

"How do you feel now, sweet boy?" He asks gently. Harry shrugs. "Do you need anything else?"

"You," Harry says, soft-spoken. Louis smiles adoringly.

"You've got me, H," Louis chuckles. "All to yourself, too. For now, anyways."

Harry smiles weakly, closing his eyes. "Do you want to take a walk?" Louis asks, and Harry nods eagerly. Louis stands up, slowly helping Harry stand up. "Short one, though. I don't know how soon your next contraction will be."

Harry pouts, and Louis smiles and shakes his head as he helps Harry walk out of the room. They walk very, very slowly, but Harry seems to appreciate it, so they keep going.

"How's your back doing?" Louis asks. Harry gives him a thumbs down. "I'm assuming it'll be better once she's arrived."

Harry shrugs, and all of a sudden he's bent over in pain. There's a railing along the walls of the corridor, and Harry grabs onto it with both hands before squatting down and growling. Louis is quick to squat down next to him, putting his hand on Harry's back. "Okay, baby, try to breathe."

"Louis," Harry's voice is gravelly, and Louis furrows his eyebrows worriedly. "She's coming now."

"N-Now?" Louis stutters, whipping his head around to look for a nurse. One walks their way, and Louis is quick to spring up and explain to her that his boyfriend is having this baby now. She rushes to get some more nurses and Harry's hospital bed from his room.

"Okay, Mr. Styles," The doctor says, smiling warmly at him. "Are you ready to push?"