Chapter Four

Hera's POV:

as i knock down apollo one more time i tell him:

"apollo think with your head then when you get all straightened out think with your heart. and always respect your fellow warriors" i tell him

he nods and i fall into the sand beside him i pat his head affectinetly. he smiles up at me.

"will you tell me of grandfather?" apollo ask i smile

"yes my son" i say "ares is the son of zeus and hera. he was made the god of war, his march shook the ground when he was coming and he was the most hateful and loving struggling amoung all the gods, he was worshiped by soldiers goign to war and he was always blood thirsty. before going to war many soliders prayed to him and after it they presented spoils of war after the war. he was the only god to have to submit to the powers of his inferiors. he was fighting two giants one time and found himself no match against them so he laid down his arms and was imprisoned in chains. he was set free in the end by hermes the messanger of the gods but not before he suffered all humiliations. this lead to his shame. he was thoughtless as he was unkind. at one point in time a son of poseidon's, attemped to kidnap his daughter which would be my half-sister, and he killed the youth. he was sent before a group of athenian judges to be trialed, on a hill outside of athens. he presented his case and was pronounced innicent from then on the hill was called Areopagus, "the hill of Ares" and the judges recived the names of Areopagitea."

i end the story to see my son staring at me in happiness.

"your stories never sese to suprise me"i hear from behind us

i turn to see dilios behind me

i smile at him "hello dilios" i say

"hera" he says smiling back

"father" apollo yells running to him father

"hello son is hera teaching you well" he ask

"of course mother has been teaching me battle stratigies" apollo tells him father

"come apollo its time for bed" i say as i walk up to them

"yes mother" he says and grabs my hand and leads meto his room which is beside mine.

i turn to look back "come along dilios" i said "if i know my brother we'll want to be with him tonight"

he nods and follows behind us

as we get to his room theres a warm tub of water waiting.

"wash up then we'll eat supper and get you to bed" i say as i walked out of the room to give him privcey

i turn to dilios as we wait in the hall

"i'll never be able to thank you enough for taking my boy in" dilios says

"and ill never stop telling you to stop thanking me" i say laughing "i took him in because i wanted to"

he nods "your his mother just as his real one is maybe more"

"thank you dilios" i say blushing but hiding it well

"hera for the past 6 years you have been a mother to my son and a protector to our kingdom but you have grown to be more than a friend to me" dilios said "you have gained a place in my heart and i know im being forward but i need to tell you if the king goes to war"

i smile "i feel the same dilios" i say stepping up to him resting my hand on his bicep.

he looks down at me.