XXLVI:

'What happened to you ? you changed..' He said not believing that the girl in front of him is his same high school friend.

'Why would you say that ? Nothing ever happened'

'Where has gone your smile at every word you say ? What's with unreadable face expression while you used to giggle showing your dimples every time ? You cracking jokes every time you spoke is now an old habit replaced by a serious tone whenever you open your mouth. Also your cheerfulness, you being careless about people as long as you are happy, complimenting everyone,why did they fade ?. Also where has gone your black long hair ? Just what on earth happened to you ?'

She stood there in front of him, he was right she changed, but him asking what happened was too much to handle, all she ever wanted to say was 'You happened'. Still, after all these years she wouldn't dare confess,  yes, she changed physically and somewhat wore a stronger mask, but on the inside she was still the little lover drown in fond of a guy who never loved her. Changing was hard but useful, as for now she can barely cry, her whole face has now an unreadable expression which is not something she is proud of but at least something that has protected her. She attempt everything to forget about him, but there will be always days when she can't help but to drown in their sorrowful memories, while the rainy days were even worse, since she fell for him on a rainy day..
She wanted to explain, but he never changed, he still won't understand, so why bother explaining. She only have to do what she has done for the last seven years.

'Nothing ever happened, it's just that I become mature'

She smiled as he mirrored her act seeming to be convinced, but she was more convinced that after all these years she still loves him but also after all these years he still can't see through the real her.