Homeless

~Levi's POV~

I hummed happily to myself as I set the table. Eren was to be home soon and I have decided to tell him the good news, hoping it would repair our slowly separating bond. I heard the door open and ran over the greet Eren, taking his coat. I pulled it his chair and then say in my own chair. After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, I decided to speak.

"I-I have something to tell you E-Eren..." I whisper.

"I also need to tell you something Levi."

"O-Okay... You go first..." I whisper. Eren set his fork down and sighed.

"I've been thinking and I just don't think that 'we' are meant to be... I've found someone and she's simply amazing." He says. I froze, my breathing becoming labored.

"O-Okay... I-I understand... When d-do you want me out?" I whisper.

"As soon as possible... What was it you wanted to tell me?"

"O-oh... N-nothing..." I say, dumping my plate into the trash and setting the dishes in the sink. I then went upstairs to pack. I sat down on the bed and touched my stomach gently. I then felt something drop onto my chest and touched it, a tear... I'm crying, just great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been three months since I was kicked of my only home and since I lost my boyfriend. I'm now five months pregnant with his baby and I have had every last item I own, except for a promise ring from Eren which I wore on my finger at all times. I went to the mouth of my alleyway and held up my cardboard sign that said 'please help me feed my baby and help to give her a future.' I also held my small cup, another possession of mine that I held onto dearly.

Throughout the course of the morning, many people spit and me and kicked door at me, calling me a filthy begger. Around maybe two o'clock I waddled to my little 'bed', which was just a flattened cardboard box, and set my stuff down, opting to just sit and people watch. My stomach growled loudly and I grunted when the baby kicked.

"I know baby... I know..." I whisper, rubbing my stomach gently. I looked around the corner to see Eren and his... fiancee???? I yelped and ducked back into my alleyway, grabbing my things all except for the box, and running as fast as my legs would let me, away from the couple.

~Eren's POV~

I was walking to the cafe when I saw a familiar face in the alleyway.

"Levi?" I whisper, then gasping when I saw his stomach. My fiancee tugged on my sleeve.

"Eren, babe, what is it?" She asks. I looked back at the alleyway and didn't see Levi.

"Nothing baby. You don't need to worry." I say, kissing her head. I looked back to see Levi running away. I sighed and walked into the cafe.

~Levi's POV~

I panted heavily, finding that the alleyway had a big box that was just my size. I set my stuff in it and turned to go sit in the mouth of the alleyway when I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry..." I whisper, looking up at the man I had bumped into. He only grinned and a group appeared behind him.

"You need to watch where you're going little bitch." They growl, throwing me to the ground. I grunted when my side connected with the gravel.

"I-I'm sorry... P-please don't hurt me... Or my baby..." I whimper, trying to back away.

"Oh... We'll do more than just hurt the baby... We'll kill it... And you." The leader purred calmly. I gasped when he delivered a harsh kick to my spine. I curled around my belly to protect my child. Even if I died, I wanted my baby to live...