Goodbye

~Levi's POV~

I sighed softly, coming home from work and being greeted by the wonderful smiling faces of my children who were playing with their father. But, once everyone saw me, they ran off, leaving me and Eren alone in the same room.

"I-I'm gonna go take a shower." I whisper, dodging any questions from my distant husband. I started working more when Eren lost his job. We've had a lot of fights and have agreed that sleeping separately might help. From that point on, I started working more, becoming more and more depressed because I hardly got to see my children's faces. The kids were also different after Eren lost his job. They became more attached to 'dad' and more resentful towards me.

I sigh softly, locking the bathroom door and slowly stripping, looking at my ugly, skinny body in the mirror. I looked almost like a skeleton. I eyed the scars on my hips, seeing the fresher cuts from this morning and smiling softly. This is what I deserved... My anorexia had become a problem once again. It was never like this when Eren and I were happy... he helped me recover three years ago and now... well.. I'm back to square one.

I pinched the little bit of skin above my pelvic bone, sighing. 'Still fat...' I think to myself before turning on the hot water for my shower and waiting for it to come to temperature.

I removed my underwear and stepped into the shower, letting the scalding hot water run down my body. I look at my little box which contained my bloodied tools, grabbing it and opening it. I took out my favorite blade and kissed it gently.

"I'm coming mom... I'm coming home..." I whisper, pressing the sharp edge to my skin and digging in before pulling the blade back quickly. A soft whimper left my lips before I moved onto my other wrist. Blood painted the walls of the shower and flooded the tub. I smiled softly.

"Goodbye..." I whisper, feeling myself fade out of consciousness.

~Eren's POV~

I sighed softly after Levi rushed off to shower. It's been awhile since we've even hugged. I miss him...

I stand and go tuck the kids in, then walking into the hallways when I heard a thud coming from inside the bathroom. I rushed to the bathroom door to find it locked.

"Levi?! Levi, baby, answer me! Please answer me!" I shout, banging on the door. I waited for a bit, getting no response, so I stepped back and rammed my shoulder into the door with all my strength. The door fell in instantly, caving under the force. I saw Levi's limp body laying in the bloodied shower and my hands flew up to my mouth as tears leaked from my eyes.

"Levi?!" I shout, rushing forwards and turning off the hot water, lifting my husband's near lifeless body into my arms. I shake him gently, then noticing the cuts on his arms and gasping.

"Levi, Levi no!" I shout. Our youngest son walks to the doorway and looks at me.

"Daddy, what happened?" He asks softly.

"Don't worry about it now Marco... just go grab the phone and dial 911, then run straight back here and give daddy the phone." I say, trying to stop the bleeding. After what felt like hours, Marco comes back with the phone and puts it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Yes, hello, my name is Eren Jaeger. I live at 104 Sina Drive. My husband tried to commit suicide, his wrists are bleeding very badly, I think he hit an artery... please send an ambulance as soon as possible."

"Stay where you are sir, we have an ambulance on it's way. It'll be there in a couple minutes."

"Okay." I whisper, my hands shaking as I struggled to hold pressure on Levi's wrists.

"Daddy... why is mommy bleeding so much?" Asks Marco softly.

"Marco, baby... go back to bed... mommy will be okay..." I whisper, looking back at my son. He nodded and ran back to his room.

Sirens sounded outside after fifteen minutes. But... fifteen minutes was too late. Levi had lost too much blood. About ten minutes ago, he fell lifeless in my arms, a small smile on his face. When the paramedics tried to take his body from me, I screamed.

"NO! Leave him alone!" I cry, holding Levi's dead body tightly. They stepped back and watched as I sobbed against Levi's chest.

"Why Levi, why?! Why didn't you tell me you were depressed?! Why?!" I scream, holding his body close.

After a few moments, I let the paramedics take Levi's body and went to go wake up the kids. Marco was sitting in his bed, being held by his older sister, Kuchel.

"Daddy..." He whispers, seeing me.

"Hey bub..." I whisper, hugging my two children as more tears fell from my eyes.

"Wh-where's mommy?" He asks.

"H-he's..." I take a deep breath.

"He's with Grandma... He's happy now baby..." Kuchel looked up at me, her eyes filling with tears.

"S-so mom... is gone...?" She asks softly. I take a shakey breath and nod.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I failed you guys... I couldn't do my job and keep this family fully functional and happy... I'm sorry." I whisper, crying. My children hugged me tightly, sobbing against my chest.

"I'm sorry Levi... I'm so f-freaking sorry..." I whisper, holding Kuchel and Marco tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you guys go... I figured that I would at least write an Angsty one shot...

Luv,
Erin Jaeger