One Last Kiss

Just a warning, this book is not just going to be about the cheating and abuse. There will be some lovey dovey ones but they'll just be sad. Just so you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Eren's POV~

I'm worried. Levi went to the doctors and he still hasn't come home. Where is he?

I was pacing the living room, chewing on my lip nervously. Just then, the lock clicked and the door opened to reveal my beautiful wife.

"Levi. Thank goodness I was so worried-" I cut myself off, seeing his bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"What's wrong?" I ask, leading him to the couch.

"I-I l-learned wh-why we c-can't have b-b-babies..." He whispers, crying.

"Wh-why is that baby?" I stutter.

"B-because... I-I h-have c-cancer... I-it's already spread to my reproductive system... I-I'm sorry Eren..." He sobs. I pull him close, rocking him back and forth.

"It'll be okay baby..." I whisper, crying silently.

"Eren... They only gave me seven months, at maximum, to live... And even then I'm going to keep getting weaker..." Levi sobs, his small hands fisted in my shirt. I was at a loss for words. How did the doctors not find the cancer three years ago when we had our first miscarriage. Emotions boiled in my veins, sadness, anger, worry... But I had to be strong for Levi, so I threw on a soft, reassuring smile.

"It'll be alright baby... we'll make it through this... I promise..." I whisper. Levi sobbed harshly, his sobs turning into gasps for air and eventually to loud, violent coughs.

I rubbed his back and held a tissue in front of his mouth to catch anything. Blood flew out of his mouth and landed on the tissue. My heart panged sadly as I helped Levi to the car, his coughing turning to desperate gasps for air as blood leaked from the corner of his mouth.

I drove him to the ER where they put him on oxygen and explained to me that he not only had lung cancer but he might have also had a developing tumor in his brain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been several months since Levi was diagnosed with both brain and lung cancer and he's progressively gotten worse. It started with migraines then progressed to memory loss and some sensory issues. But we've been able to pull through.

I walked into mine and Levi's shared room and saw his pale face, my heart shattering even more.

"I brought you breakfast baby." I say, setting the tray down. He turned to look at me, shocked.

"Who are you?!" He shouts, scared. I sighed softly.

"Levi, it's me, your husband... Eren." I whisper, showing him our matching rings.

"I'm married?" He asks. My throat tightened at those words.

"Yes... We got married three and a half years ago..." I reply. Levi nods, looking at the food.

"Is that for me?" I nod.

"Always." I whisper. 'I don't eat anymore...' I think to myself, watching him eat.

"Do we have any kids?" Asks Levi.

"N-no... We tried for a half year before learning you are infertile..."

"Oh... Okay." He says, eating the food.

When the day ended and Levi was off to sleep after taking his medicine, I poured myself a large glass of wine and drank it, sitting at the table. I ran my hand through my hair, my jaw trembling slightly as I remembered earlier. He had forgotten about us... About me...

My ringtone played and I picked up my phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Eren, it's me, Hanji. I'm just calling to check up on you." She says. I broke down.

"He doesn't remember me Hanji... He doesn't remember our wedding day..." I choke out, crying.

"Oh Eren... Do you want me to come over?" Hanji asks.

"N-no... I-I'll be fine. Thanks Hanji."

"It's not a problem... If you need anything I'm only one call away."

"I understand. Goodnight Hanji."

"Goodnight buddy... Get some rest." She says, hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood outside of Levi's hospital room, too scared to go in there. Doctors said he was only moments away from death and are just waiting for me to help him along to the other side. My hands shook as I reached for the handle, turning it and walking in. Levi looked at me.

"Eren... Y-you c-came..." He whispers. I crumble.

"Of course I did baby... I won't let you go through this alone." I say, holding his hand gently.

"E-Eren... Can I-I m-make one... L-last request... P-please..."

"Anything baby." I say, my voice breaking.

"C-can I-I get... One l-last k-kiss...?" He whispers. I nod.

"Anything my Queen." I whisper, kissing him gently. When we pulled away, Levi smiled.

"I love you..." He said, taking his final breath. I fell to my knees.

"LEVI! NO...! WAKE UP PLEASE! COME BACK! I NEED YOU!" I sob. Hanji walked in and rubbed my back.

"Eren, look... He wasn't in pain... He died happy." She says, pointing to Levi's face. I noticed the small smile and sobbed harder.

"I want him back..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been three years since Levi's death and it is currently the day of our anniversary. And the day I would finally go to meet Levi. I sat in the tub and grabbed my razor blade, slitting down the middle of my wrists, hitting an artery. I then grabbed a bottle of pills and downed them all, laying back in the tub.

'I'm coming my love.' I think, slowly dying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy crap. I know this one is shorter than the others but... I fucking cried when writing this. That has never happened... But here you go. And remember, I'm taking requests!

Luv,

Erin Jaeger