Living With Regrets

~Levi's POV~

I sigh, waiting for Eren to return home from his most recent mission. The once sunny sky grew steadily darker with storm clouds, the worry in the back of my mind steadily growing worse. My worry came to pass when I felt a pain in my lower back and stomach. I gasp and lean forward, waiting for the pain to go away.

“Not now, please baby…” I whisper. 

As the hours passed, the pains got worse and were coming faster and faster. Soon enough, I felt a pop and liquid gushing out of me.

“Fuck! Hanji!” I shout, sobbing. Footsteps echoed through the hall and my door burst open.

“You called? What’s up?” She asks. I pant softly and look her in the eye.

“Oh my gosh, is it time? Is the baby coming?” She gushes, rushing to my bedside. I nod frantically, clutching my large stomach.

“Let’s get you to the infirmary.” She says, lifting me up and carrying me to the infirmary. Once there, Hanji laid me on a cot and removed my pants, putting on a glove to check my dilation.

~~~~~Timeskip! After the birth!~~~~~

I pant, holding my screaming child in my arms while soldiers from the latest run outside the walls were rushed in. I sit up, seeing a familiar mop of brown hair being carried in on a stretcher.

“Eren!” I shout, trying ot get up and rush to my husband’s side. Hanji gently pushed me back.

“Rest, I’ll check on him.” She says, rushing over to Eren.I see his head turn as watch as Hanji spoke to him. The cadets carrying him set him on the cot next to mine, allowing me to see the severity of his wounds. He was missing his arms and one leg, steam rising from the wounds. Eren looks over to me and smiles.

“How’s the baby?” He asks softly.

“He’s doing fine.” I whisper, tears sliding down my face.

“That’s great honey.” He whispers, smiling.

“H-Hanji… show him… please.” I whisper, passing her the crying child. She lowers the child so he was eye-level with his father, earning a soft gasp.

“He’s beautiful.” He whispers.

“What’s his name, love?” Eren asks.

“Farlan… Farlan Miche Jaeger.” I whisper. Eren smiles.

“What a wonderful tribute to our fallen brothers.” He says softly, leaning his head back. I smile and take Farlan back from Hanji. 

“Rest up Eren.” I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week passed and before I knew it, Farlan was two months old. Eren was taking some time off of work to spend time with us just in case anything were to happen.

And sure enough, something happened. Farlan suddenly took ill, a virus or something that no one knew a cure for. Hanji said today may be his last day with us. So, we decided to make the most of it. We sat on top of the tower, pointing things out to our child. Suddenly, Farlan started wheezing horribly, fluid bubbling out of his mouth. I let out a sob and hold him close.

“It’s okay baby… it’s time to go to sleep… I love you honey… tell grandma I said hi.” I whisper, sobbing. Eren pulled me cose as the wheezing suddenly stopped and my baby went still in my arms. 

“Fly high my son…” I whisper, wrapping my scouts cloak around him gently.

“I’m sorry Levi honey…”

“It’s okay… He was in pain… now he’s not…” I whisper, standing up and walking down into the tower, walking to Hanji’s lab.

“Is he gone?” She asks softly. I nod. She gasps softly and wraps me in her arms.

“I’m so sorry Levi. Do you want to give him a proper scout’s funeral?” She asks. I nod. She nods in response and gently takes my son’s lifeless body from my arms, setting him in a wooden box she had cleared out for today.

“He’s with Farlan and Isabel now.” She says, turning back and hugging me tightly.

“Thank you Hanji… for everything you did to try and help him.” I whisper.

“Anytime. Don’t be disheartened though Levi… you and Eren are still young.”

“I know… I’m gonna go talk with Eren now… Take good care of my baby please.” I whisper, turning around and walking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, thank you all for you patience! I gotm y keyboard today and wanted to write this for you. I hope you guys liked it!

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy