Chapter 3

Y/N'S POV

I leaned up against my door with a sigh. My eyes closed soon after. So many questions were running through my head. Of course I was happy to see Lauren again but I was angry because she had to come and ruin everything I had planned out. She made me question everything I already thought was set in stone. She made me question if it was really worth it to keep pushing her away if it was only going to make it worse for the both of us. Was it better to stay together or stay away so that Greg and his goons couldn't hurt her. I could stay away and risk the chance of something happening to her without me knowing or have us stay together so I would know what happened but have her be an easier target. But then I started to think if she would really be an easier target than if we were away from each other.

All this thinking was starting to give me a headache so I groaned loudly to myself. I ripped my shirt off my body by pulling it over my head. I rolled it up before biting down on it so that my screams wouldn't raise an alarm to any of my neighbors. When my throat was sore from screaming I threw my shirt somewhere in my room in frustration. I wanted to punch something but I knew that would be unreasonable so I sat down on my bed with a huff. I rested my head in my hands as I tried to control my breathing. After my mental breakdown I looked at the clock to see that about half an hour had passed, if not more. I sighed to myself before standing up to head to my bedroom door to unlock it. I stepped out only to jump in surprise with a small squeal.

Lauren was sat on the couch, watching me. I held my hand up to my chest feeling my rapid heartbeat. "What the fuck!" I cursed. "I thought you left already." I huffed, making my way into the kitchen to get a water bottle from my fridge. Lauren followed close behind me and waited for me in the doorway of the kitchen. I watched as she shook her head, her hands mindlessly fidgeting in front of her. For the hundredth time I sighed before taking a swig from the water bottle. I knew that our previous conversation was far from over. It just angered me that I didn't have any answers anymore. One of the things that pissed me off the most was not knowing, or not being able to have an answer.

Lauren's eyes were trained on my body but I tried not to think about it as I motioned for her to step back into the living room so that we could finish our conversation. I didn't bother putting another shirt on as the two of us sat down on the couch. "I'm not going to leave until we figure this out." Lauren started off quietly. "Whether that means I have to stay here until we do but I'm not letting this go that easily." She stated. I nodded my head knowing she full well was telling the truth. I knew the older girl, and if she wanted something she wouldn't stop until she got it. She was determined, and she wouldn't let anything stand in her way. "I know you're scared, but Y/N you don't have to go through this by yourself. I don't know how else to prove to you that I want to be there for you. Just please, let me. I'm begging you."

I bit my lip in thought. "Lauren." I sighed. "I'm still not sure I want to put you through all of that. You have your own life to worry about. I mean, you're in the biggest girl group in the world right now. This shouldn't have to be one of your priorities. You have much more to worry about than me. That's your dream and it has been since you were little." I folded my hands together and rested my elbows on my knees. I looked at the wall in front of me but as soon as I felt Lauren's hand on my arm I switched my gaze to meet her emerald eyes. They held a sense of pleading and sadness.

"It's not my dream if you're not a part of it." She whispered brokenly, a pain in my chest forming at both her expression and her words. "Y/N I don't know what else to tell you. Just please give me a second chance." I debated her words in my head. I could protect her easier but it would be a straight path to get to her as well. Then I started to think about what Lauren wanted. If being away from her caused her this much pain I don't want it to affect her even more if I decided to push her away. And if she was willing to be with me despite the circumstances I would just have to do everything in my power to keep her safe. I also couldn't deny that I wanted nothing more than to be with the raven haired girl again. With a sigh I leaned back into the couch, crossing my arms over my eyes.