Chapter 6

LAUREN'S POV

Eventually our time in Spain was coming to an end. We had to move onto the next leg of the tour which meant I wouldn't be able to see Y/N for who knows how long. The taller girl had to head back for the United States since the overseas tournament was now over. Y/N's team had won, which we celebrated for, but now she had to go back to train for her American team. I didn't know how much I would be able to see her with her living in Chicago and with the girls and I spending most of our off time in Los Angeles. The only thing we could do at this point was stay in contact until we were able to see each other again. Y/N still hadn't worked everything out with the other girls but I was at least glad that we could know where we stood together.

Coming back to reality, I realized that we were now at the airport. I spent every minute I could with Y/N until we had to leave, so she brought me to the airport where I would meet the girls. Y/N's flight left the next day but she agreed to help me to the private jet so we could be together as much as we could. As we came to a stop in the parking lot, Y/N grabbed my bags as we went through security check and everything else. We came upon the private jet we were escorted to and eventually someone came to take my bags away from Y/N's hands. I saw our manager come up to me. "We leave in five minutes, so say your goodbyes." He advised before leaving us alone once more.

I sighed before turning to the taller girl. I ran my hand through my hair out of anxiousness until Y/N wrapped me in a tight hug. "Don't stress Laur, we'll get through this. If you need to text or call me just don't hesitate. No matter what time it is I'll always answer as fast as I can." Y/N whispered into my ear. She reached up to place her hand on the back of my head, holding me to the side of her neck where I snuggled closer to the skin. I inhaled the scent of Y/N's cologne, knowing I wouldn't be able to smell the calming scent again for a really long time. I could feel my eyes watering slightly and I knew Y/N could tell after she pulled away to look at me. "Please don't cry. This is probably a shitty thing to say but we lived through four years apart, we can do this now. Like I said you can call me whenever you want and I'll answer. But please don't be sad, we'll get through this."

"I just can't help it Y/N." My voice wavered as I willed myself not to let any tears fall. "I literally just got you back and I have to leave again. I don't want you to think that this is just a game to me because it's not. Ever since that night I haven't been myself, I haven't been happy. But now that I found you, it's like I found myself again. I found my happiness. I'm just scared of what could possibly happen to us, to you. I just want to be by your side all the time now that I have you again. I need to prove to you that-" Y/N cut me off before I could continue.

"You don't need to prove anything to me anymore. You already have, I know where your heart sits and I always have. I know I was stupid to not act on anything when I found out the truth. I'm hoping to make up for that but that's not your fault. You don't have to worry about a thing when you're out there living your dream. I'll be fine, we'll be fine. But you have to leave now." Y/N motioned behind me. I turned to see my manager motioning for us to hurry up from his spot on the stairs of the plane. I held up my finger before turning back to the taller girl.

"Promise me you'll call too." I whispered. Y/N nodded her head with a small smile etched on her face. "And keep me updated if anything happens, I mean anything." I gave her a pointed look. Y/N's smile instead turned into a sheepish one. I wrapped my arms around Y/N's neck in a hug as hers wrapped around my waist. I sighed into the hug to revel in the feeling I knew would be a while before I felt once again. I kissed the Y/E/C eyed girl's neck several times before pulling away, moving to kiss her lips instead. I cupped her cheeks in my hands to bring her closer as the kiss became more heated. Our manager's voice broke off our make out session causing me to grumble to myself. Y/N chuckled quietly before pecking my lips again. "I love you."