Chapter 26

LAUREN'S POV

After the catastrophe with Y/N's drink, we went back to hanging out as if we had never been apart. My girlfriend was definitely feeling it so being the sober one, I had to drive us home. "Do you still have the same phone number, Y/N?" Ally asked as we were bidding our goodbye. Y/N hugged the short Texan while nodding her head. I was making my way around, hugging each girl after the basketball star did the same. I would be back in the morning but the girls and I were so close that I had to hug them every time I left somewhere. "Oh great! I know we will see you tomorrow but now we can all keep in contact." Ally continued. She was mildly drunk, but she contained herself pretty well so she didn't show it. I laughed and wrapped my hands around Y/N's bicep, leaning my head on her shoulder. Part of me wishes I could have some fun with them, but I was perfectly okay not drinking if it meant I got the most perfect baby out of it.

I had told the girls shortly after I came back from seeing Y/N in the hospital, but I had to beg them to keep it on the down-low. I loved Dinah, but I knew she would slip up and tell the whole world if I didn't keep an eye on her. While we were hanging out actually, the girls were fighting over who would be the godmother. I just let them fight it out as even Y/N was teasing them about the subject. I just loved seeing how happy she was lately. I was getting my old Y/N back, the one who hadn't built up so many walls. We finished saying goodbye to the girls, and the taller woman had my bag in her hand. We were walking out of the hotel room now to head into the elevator. Once we had stepped inside I curled into my girlfriend's side. Y/N wrapped her arm around my shoulder, kissing the crown of my head. I leaned my head up to capture her lips in a kiss instead, quickly heating it since I had missed my tall basketball player.

Right when she was reciprocating my intensity I pulled away, leaving her a confused mess. I could slightly taste the alcohol on her lips, but the taller girl blinked several times. "What?" She asked, chuckling soon after. Right then, the bell to the elevator rang which I motioned my head towards, a teasing smirk on my lips. I pulled the Y/H/C haired woman out of the elevator with me and led her to the car. Even though she wasn't driving, she walked to open the door for me. I gave her a peck on the lips as a thank you and climbed in. Y/N quickly closed the door and placed my bag in the trunk before she slid in next to me on the passenger's side. I reversed out of the parking spot and soon enough we were on our way towards Y/N's apartment. I grabbed the Y/E/C eyed girl's hand and placed it in my lap as I drove. The way there was pretty quiet but not awkward.

When we arrived at Y/N's apartment, I watched as she only grabbed my bag from the trunk. I gave her a questioning look. "Are you not going to grab your trophies or anything?" I asked as I followed her up to the door. The taller woman shook her head as she unlocked the door, allowing me to enter before she followed me inside. The two of us took off our shoes, and Y/N left to put my bag in the room as I took off my jacket and hung it up on the rack. The basketball star came back out into the living room and turned on the light to the kitchen. "Why didn't you get them? Don't you wanna put them up somewhere and show them off?" I asked again as I followed my girlfriend into the kitchen. She was preparing a small snack for the two of us so I came to wrap my arms around her waist as I waited.

"Yeah, I do. I'll just get them tomorrow after I get back from taking you to the hotel." She turned around in my arms. She was about to take a bite but I grabbed the snack and put it back on the counter. Y/N looked at me in confusion but I brought her head down to plant my lips on hers. The taller woman hummed and quickly reciprocated the kiss. I felt her hands snake down to grip my waist and pull me closer to her body. As the kiss became more heated I felt Y/N's hands travel towards my backside, massaging the flesh before I was lifted and held against her waist. The Y/H/C haired girl began walking towards the bedroom and I could myself become more aroused. It felt like it had been forever since the two of us were intimate. I felt my back hit the bed as Y/N climbed on top of me, but I quickly flipped our positions so that I was straddling her lap. I pulled away from the kiss with a smirk.