Chapter 4

The new day started and the new mission was given to them as well.

BoA announced that the trainees were to choose songs to perform with the different positions, namely the vocal, rap and dance position. 

Dae Hwi was hoping that he could be in the same team as Jin Young again, since both of them were known as the vocals of their previous team. He wished that Jin Young would choose the same song as him, so that they would be in the same team again and that their friendship could grow stronger as they practise together.

As Dae Hwi was ranked 7th and Jin Young was ranked 12th during the first elimination, both of them had a higher chance of being in the same team again because they could only select the songs based on their rankings. Meaning, the 1st could make a selection first. Dae Hwi selected BLACKPINK's Playing With Fire, hoping that Jin Young would select the same. It was soon Jin Young's turn and he stepped into the room with the card stating BTS' Spring Day. Dae Hwi saw and couldn't help but pout. He was really hoping to be on the same team as Jin Young again. Maybe next time, he thought. 

Jin Young stepped into the room and realised there was no one who is in the <Spring Day> team yet. He saw Dae Hwi in the <Playing With Fire> team and chuckled a the sight of him pouting when he saw Jin Young. Jin Young thought that he was cute. His heart kinda fluttered again but he ignored at the thought of it. 

Soon, all the groups were arranged and the filming stopped for awhile before they resumed as the groups practised. Dae Hwi walked up to Jin Young as soon as the PD shouted "we will hit the slates" 

"I was hoping we would be in the same team again" Dae Hwi pouted

"It's okay! We will always be in the same group again soon!" Jin Young smiled at him

Soon, filming started again and they all dispersed into their teams to practise. It was easier this time because they only had to focus on their positions and need not practise with any dance steps at all since they were both in the vocal team. Both Dae Hwi and Jin Young rarely got to see each other other than lunch and dinner because they were busy practising among their own teams. This time, coincidentally, both Jin Young's team and Dae Hwi's team had a break. They both saw each other near the washrooms and started chatting happily and smiling widely. By then, Jin Young had already opened up to most of the people there and he had no problem with communications with every single person in Produce 101 S2. Jin Young also became more smiley and jokes around, since he's comfortable with the people around him now. 

Besides their usual practise and filming, certain people were given self-cameras which means that the members film behind the scenes among themselves. It was a way to relieve stress and also a break from their hectic practise schedule, which also helped them to foster bonds better. Dae Hwi was given one of the cameras and he went around filming other teams, not forgetting to visit Jin Young's team. He wasn't really there to film them actually, but he was there to see Jin Young. He wasn't actually aware that he was constantly looking for Jin Young, and always hoping for them to be together, whether was it talking or just seeing each other. These small movements of his were unaware to him till a very late stage. 

It is only a day left till the actual performance and they were mostly prepared, just a little nervous on making any mistakes on stage. There was actually room for improvement in the various teams and they focused on their mistakes. Jin Young felt his eye in pain, and later did he know he had a sty. He informed the producers and the producers suggested him to go to the hospital for further checkup and to take some medication to apply before it gets worse. He felt sorry for his team because they couldn't have a complete performance for the time being. 

"Im sorry guys, I'll be back soon. Fast. So that we can continue our team practise again." Jin Young was guilty. His group members assured him that it was fine since they were almost ready for the stage, just a little minor mistakes here and there but it would be fine. 

Jin Young left for the hospital and was hoping to come back and practise as soon as possible. But the queue at the hospital was really long. After almost an hour of waiting, it was finally his turn. He consulted the doctor and the doctor gave him some oilment to apply on his eye. 

"I have a performance tomorrow... How am I gonna perform with this sty on my eye? People won't like the look of it. Is there anything that can cover it up?" Jin Young asked

The doctor took an eye patch and passed it to him, saying that he can put the eye patch over his eye and it was better as it will prevent further infections or anything. After the consultation, Jin Young went back to the filming set.

While he was still away, it was lunch time. 

Dae Hwi was looking for Jin Young all over the place and couldn't find him. He saw Jin Young's team having lunch together at the cafeteria and walked towards them. 

"Where's Jin Young?" he asked

"He went to the hospital." Kenta replied while putting a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"HOSPITAL?!" Dae Hwi exclaimed. "What happened to him?" he was really worried now and could only think of the worst situation before anyone could reply him.

The rest laughed. Noticing how Dae Hwi really panicked.

"You all are joking with me right? Why are you all laughing?" he pouted angrily

"The way you were worried for him was really cute!"

"Why are you so worried! Is he your boyfriend or something?"

As soon as Dae Hwi heard that, he was in shock. Yea, why was he so worried? He wasn't Jin Young's boyfriend and he was really worried as if he was his boyfriend. He didn't know what to say.

"Don't worry. He just had a sty in his eye, he would be back soon i guess," Kenta said. 

Dae Hwi heaved a sigh of relief. "Thankfully nothing very serious. Thanks!"

As soon as Dae Hwi was about to leave their table, he saw Jin Young with a patch over his eye walking over.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay? Is your eye okay? Is it serious? Why do you have a patch over your eye? Is it that serious?" Dae Hwi bombarded Jin Young with questions the moment the two met.

"HAHAHAHA look at him, so worried and concerned about you!" L. Woo Jin teased. 

Jin Young's heart fluttered at how much Dae Hwi was worried for him.

"get together or something you two!" someone said casually.

Jin Young and Dae Hwi blushed. 

"Yea... Im okay, dont worry. I just had to put an eye patch so that it won't affect the audience tomorrow. You know, it's going out on television and nobody would like to see a sty eye." Jin Young turned to Dae Hwi and said. 

They didn't deny or exactly hate it when people asked them to get together. It made others wonder why. Usually, when people are teased, they would deny it strongly. But both Jin Young and Dae Hwi just kept quiet about it. They themselves didn't know why either and didn't really noticed anything about it. Probably just a casual remark.

Lunch was soon over and they had to meet the trainers for the one last time to check everything before going for rehearsals at night. They dispersed into their various groups once again and as Dae Hwi passed by Jin Young on the way back to the practise rooms, he said "Take good care of your eye okay? Don't make me worry about you."

"Don't make me worry about you?" Jin Young thought. "He didn't have to worry that much though... Why is he so concerned about me?" He just thought to himself silently. They were soon in their practise rooms though it was just a few rooms away from each other, Dae Hwi felt like they were miles apart. 

It made him thought all of a sudden, "Why am I so worried for Jin Young hyung? Why am I constantly looking for him? Why am I always thinking about him?" He started blankly on those thoughts.

"HEYYYYY" Dong Ho said, trying to snap Dae Hwi out of the daze. "Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Yea, I'm fine." he snapped. He quickly brush those thoughts off and started to practise again before the trainers come in and do a final check. 

"Strange" he thought.