Heartbroken

"I can't come tonight, Arjun. I have a date"

"A date?" he was now facing her. "With whom?" he arched his one brow.

She fidgeted with her fingers feeling nervous. It wasn't like she was betraying him or something. They were in non-committable relationship, together only for one thing. And it was not like he was not seeing other people. He was, she knew!

She stared back at him confidently. His face reflected nothing but confusion.

"Danish. He is my colleague and had been asking me for a quite some time now." She bit her lip, there was no reaction on his face "This time I said, Yes."

 Show some emotion Arjun, please

"Great, all the best" he stated in his business ice voice and left from there without even a glance.

It was like someone stabbed her with knife. Pain surged through her every part of body. It didn't matter to him if she was with him or not. It never did.

She was startled by the loud bang of her main door. He was gone crushing her heart into pieces. Tears made her way from her eyes. She didn't want to cry but she did, just like she didn't want to fall in love with him but she did. She wanted to run behind and stop him but that would lead to nothing. There could be nothing between them. The basis of relationship was only one thing that there won't be any relationship. He wasn't up for any commitment, he had made it clear long back. She thought if she will ignore these feelings, they will go away but they didn't and if anything, they intensified more. It pained her heart to let him go like this but she couldn't just sleep with him, not expecting for more and He won't give her that.

Oh dear Heart, Why him?

Constant ringing of her phone broke her sleep. Cussing the caller she picked the call without seeing name.

"Hello" she groaned

"Hey Arohi!" It was Danish. She sat upright on hearing his voice. She looked at clock on the wall opposite to her. It was 5 in the evening. Damn! It had been that long. After Arjun left she drowned herself in her misery. She called a day off from her work and spent her time crying while watching Friends and eating ice cream. There had been time when she and Arjun had done the same, watching friends and eating ice cream and later on Arjun would show her other sinful ways ice cream can be used. Heat rushed through her body as one particular night came in her mind.

"Hello! Arohi, are u there?" Danish's desperate voice brought her back.

"uh-yeah-yeah She cleared her throat "Sorry! What were u saying?"

"I just called u to confirm about tonight's plan. We are still going for dinner. Right? Since u took a sick leave, I thought to cross check. Just in case. If u are not feeling well, we can shift it to some other day, no problem" he said it all in one go.

Arohi sighed shift it to some other day, that would be great! but she decided against it. If Arjun can be so immune to everything and go around messing with other people then so can she!

"The dinner is on Dhondhu, it was a mild headache. Now I am fine" hearing his happy voice from other side and confirming the time she disconnected the call.

She won't cry anymore. She was dealing with fire, she should have been prepared for burns. She would go out, have fun and gradually she would get over her feelings for Arjun. He was anyway so arrogant and ruthless...and full of himself...and a moron...and idiot...and handsome...and adora- Oh Arohi! stop it. Don't go there.

She groaned and stood up from couch. Deep down, she knew her feelings for Arjun were not going anywhere, not in this lifetime at least. But she strongly refused to acknowledge that.

Arohi stared at herself in mirror. She was wearing an ivory colored v neckline lacy backless dress which hardly reached her mid-thigh flaunting her toned milky white legs. The dress hugged her curves well showing her perfect figure. She had tied her hair in a loose bun letting few tendrils fall. Not being much fan of makeup, she had just applied lip gloss and eye-liner.  She felt good looking at herself. What a loss for her Arjun! He never got to see her like this as he never took her out for dinner. Well they did went out for dinner 3-4 times but she was either in her work clothes or in casuals. She distinctively remember once she was in her night suit. There was no food and nothing to cook at her place and he was damn hungry so he just grabbed her out in her nightwear.

She was feeling so wrong! Every time she closed her eyes, his face flashed in front of her. God! Arohi, stop! She groaned. Stop thinking about him. This was all so wrong. They were never in a relationship. They both can go out on dates with other people. Just as the clock struck 8, her doorbell rang. She quickly slipped in nude heels and picked a matching clutch before making her way towards door.

She was greeted by a beaming Dhondhu as she opened the door. He had flower and chocolates in his hand. that was so sweet of him she thought but then her thoughts again drifted to him. Had Arjun also brought her flowers and chocolates, had he courted her?