Fifteen: Cheating "Mad at Myself" Lies

"Just tell me the truth. Don't Lie to Me Another Time."
Treasure Pierce

"Treasure Pierce, these are for you?" I took the red roses in my hand, and grabbed the white piece of paper with red outlined along the edges and read it.

I love you.

I rolled my eyes seeing my coworker walk up to me

I rolled my eyes seeing my coworker walk up to me. "Who sent you flowers girl?"

"Rocky."

"Ooh what he done did?"

I rolled my eyes mentally. I hated people asking me my business because I just... It wasn't me. "Nothing. We're good. I guess he was just sending me flowers. I'm about to go though so I'll see you tomorrow."

I spoke changing the subject so that she could be distracted. I was just ready to go and I wasn't feeling too well either. I had been sick for a couple of days with the flu and I really needed to go get my medicine before I got worse.

"Well okay. And I see your still sick, I hope you feel better girly." I smiled waving her off with goodbye conversation. I grabbed my purse and I kicked rocks away from my job since I was sick as a dog.

Making it to my car, I turned on the music to my favorite songs by Jhene Aiko before I pulled off. I started driving to Jhene Aiko's "Never Call Me," instantly soothing in my seat. I looked down at my phone that immediately started vibrating and rolled my eyes with a typical sniffle from my cold. "Hello?" I answered.

"Can you bring some Popeyes home?" Teighlor asked. I rolled my eyes. Teighlor still hadn't got a job but had an gotten an interview over the course of this week from Latashas ain't that me and her use to work with. She still hadn't told Zach that she was pregnant but I was giving her time before I intervened. "Teighlor when I get there you can drive my car and get yourself some Popeyes."

She groaned and i rollled my eyes. "Ugh, okay." She hung up and I bit my tongue from saying anything in my car. All I knew was that my sister kept trying me and I was reaching a point of irritation in which I would lay her ass out.

Pulling up to Walgreens drivethrough, I got my medicine and headed home. I pulled up into my parking spot to see a white Jeep in my parking space with a big red bow on top of it, and standing next to it was the one and only Rocky Emerson standing ugly as hell. I bit down on my lip, agitated, that was what I did when I was agitated. I parked my car beside the Jeep. I got out of my car, and looked at Rocky who was smiling at me. "What is this Rocky?"

"You already know I'm not that girl."

"You remember what I told you that Friday, Treasure? I was buying you a car and I meant that. It's straight off the lot, not used before but will be by you babe." He held the keys in his hands.