Twenty-Two: Let me see my Baby

Teighlor Pierce

"Just breathe, breathe Teighlor! Just breathe," my sister whispered next to me. "I'm breathing! I'm breathing! Just please get this baby out of me!" I yelled at the nurse just when the doctor came back in. "Is she ready?" He asked the nurse.

I glared at them as the nurse nodded her head. "Shes eight centimeters dilated sir. She's ready."

"Okay let's get this baby out of you. Who do you want in the room?" I looked at my sister and for the first time in my life. I was happy it was her. I was happy to see her. I was happy she was the one with me. I was happy that my sister was the one next to me. "Just you Treasure, please?" I asked grabbing her hand.

She smiled. "I'm here, sister."

My baby's cries filled the room and I smiled bending down to pick her up before sitting in the rocking chair next to my bed and rocking her while playing with her fingers. I had her a couple weeks early but I was glad I did. She was everything I wanted. "Momma loves you, Addisyn Nicole." I cued as she smiled at me showing none of her teeth. "You have a visitor honey?"

I looked up to see my grandmother and I smiled. "Okay you can them in." My grandmother had a nice home. It was three story house with an upstairs and five to six bedrooms and three baths. I had come to stay with my grandmother and so did my brother and mother since my mother was okay with it and it had been good so far. "Hey."

I looked up turning my chair and looking up at Zach. "What are you doing here?"

"I have a right to see my daughter and I told you that I wou—"

"You don't tell me anything. Look you have your way out and you didn't think she was yours so she's not yours. So please leave," I spoke. I was really pissed. I wanted him gone. I didn't want him around me or Addy. As far as I was concerned we didn't have anything to talk about.

       I was so done with this entire conversation. "Look I know I hurt you, but that doesn't ha—"

I stopped him right there. "You didn't hurt me," I lied because I knew what he said hurt my feelings. "I just don't want you around me or my daughter."

  "What's going on in here?" My grandmother popped up. I looked at him and she looked at him before looking at I.

"I want him out of here, grandma."

She looked at Zach before looking at me. "I just want to see my child."

I turned my back to him. "Teighlor, it is his child."

"I don't care grandma, can you please just get him out of here," I spoke as Addy started screaming before I turned my back to them as I held her once she latched on to my nipple. "Fine. I'm sorry Baby but you have to go," she told Zach.

I turned back around sitting in my chair as he glared at me and I rolled mine. "Didn't you hear her?"

   He didn't respond to me he just got up and he left.

Savannah Emerson

"So Friends don't cook for each other now?"

I glared at him and he smirked at me, his dimple popping in. I groaned. "Fine I'll cook, but your cutting the potatoes." I spoke. I was going to cook his favorite meal which was fried chicken, stewed potatoes, and green beans. Why that was his favorite? I didn't know.

"Okay you sure?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I'm sure. Your just cutting the potatoes up. Their red so the skin doesn't have to come off," I spoke. He was trying to get me to let him off the hook. "Damn, Alright."