number seventy one // edited

"taylor.. come down here.. we have to talk.." my mom called from the kitchen.

i obeyed and made my way down the halls to where my mom stood.

she had a smile on her face.

"what is it mom? is everything okay..?" i asked her.

"your graduation is coming up in a few days.. are you excited?" she raised an eyebrow at me.

"of course, mom! why do you ask?"

"i have something for that special day..." my mom turned around and held up an old fashioned piggy bank.

"a piggy bank..?" i asked, obviously confused. i was intrigued to know what she meant.

"taylor.. i've been saving for years.. and in a few months.. we'll be able to afford your surgery.. i went and talked with the best doctors and they gave me an estimate... "

i was so overwhelmed at the words. i threw myself into my mom's arms, crying.

"thank you so much! thank you! thank you...thank you mommy..you're the best thank you so much.."

i haven't called my mother 'mommy' in years, but the excited hurled over me.

the forced doctor's appointments and checkups really were worth it like she said.

more 'thank yous' left my throat as we hugged. she held me tightly. i knew she would always support me.. but i would've never guessed she would do something like this.

"and i'm getting you a packer!" another familiar voice said.

hayley?

i knew she had a spare key so it wasn't so weird to randomly hear her voice.

"how big do you want it?!"

hayley.

"what's a packer?" my mom asked.

"oh, you don't need to know" me and hayley both said at the same time.