The Tutor

'knock knock'

I waited patiently while waiting for Roderick to open the door.

I knocked once more and heard footsteps on the other side.

He opened the door and and flashed me a big smile. I smiled back.

He was quite a good lucking guy actually. It was a wonder he was still single. He hates hearing that though. He's 30 but a college boy at heart. And yes I actually mean the whole hitting-on-every-hot-girl-that-passes-him thing.

"Ashley!" He said delightfully.

"Roderick!" I said just as enthusiastically and wrapped him in a hug.

He had always been like family. He was like my father. Always had been. My real parents had abandoned me at the age of four. Not because they couldn't afford for me or anything, but because I'd brought their personal life to a halt. Ever since then it was one foster home after another. I'd been living in this one for the past two years, and since Roderick was our neighbor, it was convenient to come visit him when I was bored. And in just two years, we'd become like family. He knew me almost as well as I knew myself.

"Come on in kiddo", he said gesturing me inside.

I walked in to the familiar tv lounge and took a seat.

He sat next to me and asked, "so how was your first day at school?"

I chose my words carefully before saying, "It was... Interesting. Better than I'd expected actually. I even made friends."

"Un hun. That's nice. Now, You wanna tell me what happened?" He asked raising an eyebrow. He always knew when I was hiding something. And not that I actually hid stuff from him. He was also my best friend and was always there for me.

"Well... Yes, I sorta need your help with something", I said hesitantly.

"Anything. You name it", he said with a smile. I smiled back. I knew he wasn't just saying that, he actually meant it.

"See, I met these two guys today. Both seemed very sweet, but they seem to hate each other... And I'm curious as to why", I said making the last sentence barely audible.

"And why does it concern you?" He asked.

"Because I really like them both and one of them told me to stay away from the other. But I don't want to. I'm so confused!"

"Did you ask him why?"

"Ofcourse I did. But he wouldn't tell."

"He didn't give any reason?" He asked.

"Just that Edward's bad company."

"Maybe he is. You wouldn't know, it was your first day. Or maybe the other one was just lying about this Edward guy."

"That's what I want to know!"

"Darling, I would advice you to see for yourself and not take anyone's word for it. I want you spend time with both and then judge."

See that's what I meant. If I'd been thinking about this by myself I'd probably just stick to ignoring Edward without a reason. That's why I needed Rick, he gave the best advice.

"That's great advice. I'll definitely do that. You always know what to do", I said with a smile.

"Aw honey, what can I say? When I'm good, I'm good. When I'm bad... Aw shucks I'm never bad!" He said humorously.

I started laughing and punched his arm playfully.

I looked down to see my phone ringing.

It was my foster mom.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ashley. Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm at Roderick's. Why?" I asked.

"When are you coming home young lady?? The dishes aren't going to wash themselves", she screamed into the phone.

I flinched and before I had the chance of saying something, she closed it.

"Let me guess. You're leaving because she wants you to do something for her", he said rolling his eyes.

I nodded sadly.

He pulled me in a hug and said, "It's only two, maybe three years left. Then you can leave that witch and come live with me."

"I wouldn't do that. You've already done enough. I'll just do another job or something", I said moving away.

"Like I'd let you do that", He smiled and let me out. I walked home and let myself in.

It was the usual racket inside, with all the kids screaming.

I went straight to the kitchen to find Ella already inside.

'Uh Oh' I thought to myself.

======================================================================================================================================================================

Author's Note

Hey Guys :)

The second chapter. The story gets better from the next :p

But for that I need fans, votes and comments. :D

And sice this is a new story, it would be nice to know what you guys think. Even if you don't like it, I wanna know how I can improve.

Thank you <3

Picture on the side is of Roderick. :P