Night 4- The Decision

You sat in the chair in the office

You sat in the chair in the office. It had been a few minutes after midnight, and Springtrap was still missing. You had flipped through the cameras around the fright show, and Springtrap was nowhere to be seen. Not really having anything else to do, you decided to search for answers about what had happened to your father and your brother. You grabbed a flashlight, so you could see where you were going, and your trusty crowbar, the one Phantom Foxy had given you two nights earlier, and began your search. You silently exited the security office. You gripped your crowbar tightly, remembering the first night when you knocked Springtrap's head off. You shuddered at the thought, but continued looking around, shining your flashlight in every direction. You heard something from behind you, and turned to see a boy with brown hair and bright blue eyes staring straight at you. The boy was small, he wore a blue with purple striped shirt, pants and shoes, and held two balloons in his hand.

"Hello," the little boy said, and offered you one of the balloons.

"Hello," you replied, accepting the boy's gift. "What's your name?" The small boy looked up at you with his curious blue eyes.

"My name is Balloon Boy, but most people call BB," the boy replied. You suddenly remembered, your father made Balloon Boy.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

You walked hand in hand with your father, William Afton. All morning, he had been excited to show you and your brother Foxy Mask his newest creation. It wasn't often that your father would be so excited. The last time he was like this was when he had made the rabbit. Your father led you and Foxy Mask into a small storage room, strewn with fabrics and wires, cardboard boxes overflowing with animal heads and metal appendages. Your father turned on the light in the storage room, and standing in the middle of the room was a small boy. He wore a blue and purple striped shirt, his hat matching, in one of his hands he held a sign that read "Balloons" and in the other hand, he was holding balloons.

"This is Balloon Boy," William recited with glee. You silently gazed at Balloon boy. He was plump and round, with a toothy grin and shining blue eyes. Suddenly Balloon Boy turned his head towards you. You screamed, startled, tripped, and fell to the floor. Foxy Mask laughed as you lie on the floor, scared to death of the Balloon Boy.

"Are you really scared of a cheap heap of plastic?" Foxy Mask laughed. You knew that there was nothing to be afraid of, but as you continued to stare at the Balloon Boy, his blue eyes turned glossy black, and you knew that he was after you, just like the rabbit you once knew.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

You gazed at BB's blue eyes. Even now, after all those years, you still felt a pang of fear that he might be after you, and it was a familiar feeling now, since you met Springtrap, fear was the only thing that had mattered until last night. You shrugged the feeling off, and knelt down to meet BB's eyes.

"What are you doing here?" you asked, surprised that BB was still around after all this time. Before BB could answer, a voice emerged from the darkness.

"BB?" the voice asked. Something came out of the shadows, and you saw a young girl, dressed exactly like BB, also holding balloons in her hand.

"It's okay Balloon Girl. It's just (Y/N)," BB replied. Once the young girl heard that, she came to stand at BB's side.

"How do you know my name?" you asked. It could be possible that BB remembered you, but you didn't remember BG, and yet she seemed to recognize your name. BB looked towards the ground for a moment, as if trying to remember something, then returned his gaze to you.

"Well, Springtrap wanted us to tell you something..." BB started, pausing, as if he forgot what to say.

"He wanted us to tell you that the game's over," BG replied. You blinked, surprised. On the night you had returned to the Fright Show, he had left a note explaining some kind of "game", and he had struck you with fear for two nights in a row. Now he said it was over? What had happened to Springtrap to make him give up so easily? "He also told us to tell you you're free to go home," BG continued, pointing towards the way to the exit. You stood silent. Why?

"Well, I don't really want to leave..." you began. What were you saying? Ever since you had met Springtrap, you had wanted to leave this nightmare and go back to having a normal life!

"Well, Springtrap says he doesn't want you around anymore because he's..." BB trailed off, unable to finish the sentence.

"Because he's what?" you asked, wanting BB to finish his sentence. BB stood silent, BG gently grabbed your hand.

"Come on (Y/N). You better get home," BG suggested. You stood right where you were, determined to stay.

"Why does Springtrap want me to leave?" You repeated. Neither BB or BG answered. BG released her grip, and turned to you.

"(Y/N), are you sure you want to stay?" BG asked, curiosity in her voice. It was an abrupt question to ask, but as much as you wanted to say no, to say you wanted to leave this place forever, something had washed over you, a feeling of sympathy towards Springtrap. You didn't understand why you felt this way, that the feeling tugging at you was much more than sympathy, the feeling telling you to stay.

"I'm sure," you replied. BB and BG turned to each other concerned, but you knew your answer. You were going to stay, no matter what, even if it lead to your death.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

??? POV

I saw her standing there with BB and BG. I heard what they had said. Springtrap wanted her to go home. He wanted her to leave. When I had heard he broke the rule to never help a human in distress, I believed that he had felt love for this girl.  As I listened to the conversation, I noticed something else about the girl that I hadn't seen the first three nights she had been here; a kind of determination, one that she held on to  tightly. As BG tried to lead the girl to the exit, she stood her ground, unable to be moved.

"Are you sure you want to stay?" BG asked. 

"I'm sure," the girl replied as the clock chimed six. I almost fell in surprise. I knew how much she wanted to leave. I knew she was scared! And I knew that she felt the same about Springtrap as he has about her. There was only one way to solve this problem, and I knew just what to do.